Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Installed Monterey 12.6 with OC 8.4 on Asus LGA775 P5G41T-M LX V2 / Xeon L5420 and NVIDIA GT730

Motherboard
Asus P5G41T-M LX V2
CPU
L5420
Graphics
GT 730
Screenshot.jpg

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED MONTEREY 12.01 ON OLD MOTHERBOARD ASUS P5G41T-M LX V2 release 2009 LGA775 WITHOUT AHCI with CPU XEON L5420 and GPU NVIDIA G730) with OpenCore 7.6

with OpenCore 7.6 full working: 3D acceleration with Nvidia GT730 patched, audio, all usb, cards reader, mouse and keyboard, cpu throttling, sensors temperature, brightness level with app third parts, lan network.

For installation I have used Opencore 0.7.6. I have used online installation because my motherboard is with boot legacy and my controller sata without ahci so in bios I have changed controller sata in compatible mode. For acceleration graphic I have used Nvidia Kepler Patcher of chris1111 and for audio VoodooHD 2.9.7. For brightness level I have installed app from AppleStore. For cpu throttling I have used FakeSMC3 with his plugins. For making work usb I have used patch of opencore in apci and others. For to use cpu Xeon L5420 I have bought it in net modified for socket LGA775.

Attachments

• AsusMB.jpg
    AsusMB.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Hi, i have also a 775 motherboard, could you share your EFI to let me try on my P5Q pro?
Thnaks

Hi, i have also a 775 motherboard, could you share your EFI to let me try on my P5Q pro?
Thnaks
yes friend, but you must regenerate new SMBIOS, because I can't share my serial

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 1,395
Schermata 2021-12-23 alle 22.23.00.png

Updated successfully without problem to Monterey 12.1

can you control fan speed ?

Were you able to fresh install Monterey from your system directly? If so, can you explain what steps you have taken? Because on my LGA 775 when I try to do a fresh install, it always end up in a boot loop. So far I have learned that you need a working nvram to install Big Sur or Monterey. I am wondering if there is a workaround for that.

Were you able to fresh install Monterey from your system directly? If so, can you explain what steps you have taken? Because on my LGA 775 when I try to do a fresh install, it always end up in a boot loop. So far I have learned that you need a working nvram to install Big Sur or Monterey. I am wondering if there is a workaround for that.
You must to do with Opencore online installation

Screenshot.jpg

Updated successfully without problem to Monterey 12.2
Need to apply the Kepler patch for each update

Last edited:
Back