Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte EX58-UD5 - Palit GTX 680 4GB - Intel i7 [email protected] - 6GB DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA EX58-UD5
CPU
i7 920
Graphics
GTX 680
Just installed Snow Leopard and then overwrote it with Mountain Lion over the weekend, to make a music machine. My iMac's slowly dying so I figured it was about time to move OSX into my Windows PC and mothball the iMac. I had to move onto ML because my graphics card is unsupported in SL.

First thing I did was to make sure I had all my drivers and firmware up to date on Windows. Before I updated everything, I couldn't really get the iBoot boot loader to work using my SL Retail Disk.

After updating drivers and firmware, I found the best method was using the Multibeast method using a patched DSDT from the database. This gave the simplest install with the best compatibility.

I then bought the Lion app and installed it to a USB stick with Unibeast. The installation was smooth but I did have to use the GraphicsEnabler=No to stop the screen from going black.

On Multibeast, I used the following settings:

UserDSDT Install
System Utilities
Realtek ALC8xx>Unified Device Injector & AppleHDA Rollback
Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet v0.0.90

Pretty much everything work's perfectly. The 680 is displayed correctly and seems to have QE/CI in order (which was a nice surprise). I went and bought Logic Pro 9 and a new Focusrite PRO 14 to use as an audio device. Both seem to be working really well. The only issue I've found so far is the DVD drive sometimes freezes up and I have to restart. It's not a big deal, just annoying as I've been using it a lot to install my old programs.

The DVD Drive doesn't display under the ATA header in System Report, whereas on my old iMac, it showed the Superdrive details. The device in my Hackintosh is:

TSSTcorpCDDVDW-SH-S223C (Samsung DVD Drive)
Firmware at SB07

Should I have installed something like 3rdPartySATA kext from Multibeast?

Anyway, just wanted to pop on here to confirm a success and say thanks to TonyMac and all the other people who have posted guides and helpful information up.

Please see attachment for screengrab showing system details and GPU working OOB.

Attachments

• Mountain Lion Setup.tiff
    502.6 KB · Views: 248
Hi can you post your multibeast settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back