CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update November 2020: Now running 11.0 with this config. Not going to update this post any more.

I recently updated my hardware and also went from Clover to OpenCore in the process - this was not a fresh installation. There are other successful builds on Z490M, but perhaps this is useful to some! I have been running it a few weeks and haven't had any issues.

Attached my complete EFI-folder and the config.plist separately

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 09.52.36.png
Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 09.57.11.png

MB: Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X
CPU: Intel i7 10700K
GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 5700 ROG Strix OC
Disk: Corsair Force MP600 1TB M.2 NVME
RAM: 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
WiFi/BT: BCM94360CS2

Running OpenCore 0.6.3 on 10.15.7

Dualbooting Windows 10 on the same disk as MacOS
Dual 4k monitors - LG Z27

iMac19,1 SMBIOS
Boot args: debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 agdpmod=pikera shikigva=80

Working:
  • Ethernet via IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Intel onboard audio via FakePCIID.kext / FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and device-id 70A10000
    • I'm pretty sure this can be done in a better way, but haven't gotten around to it yet
  • GPU: agdpmod=pikera for the 5700
  • Filevault 2 is turned on
  • IGPU in headless mode
  • CPU and HDD sensors + system fan
  • iServices (you need to generate your own info here, ref the iMessage for dummies guide!)
  • Protected / DRM playback, i.e TV.app - shikigva=80 to boot args
  • Sleep
  • Wifi / BT / Continuity

USB Port map:

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 14.49.57.png

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 15.09.33.png

Total ports: 14

Not tested / don't have hardware to test
  • Thunderbolt

Rig without glass shield:
  • Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev2
IMG_1908.jpeg

Attachments

• config.plist
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,108
  • USBMap and SSDT-USBX for Z490M.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 852
  • EFI.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 1,680
Last edited:
nice guide, and thanks for posting. what exactly you mean by "IGPU in headless mode"?

headless mode means igpu will not drive a display but will be used for functions like video decoding(Intel quicksync), Sidecar functions etc.

nice guide, and thanks for posting. what exactly you mean by "IGPU in headless mode"?

Nice build ! have some pictures of your rig? does sleep work ?
the wifi 6 is also not working I guess ?

Last edited:

Not tested sleep propertly, will report back! The board doesn't have a wifi module so no go there. I'll post some pictures in a couple of days. Preliminary build pix below:

camphoto_33463914.jpg
camphoto_1804928587.jpg

I have a similar built but with GA-Z490M UD and having big issues running certain apps. I used your config as a baseline and done modifications as it seems quite similar. No issues installing or with stability. Just that about 50% of apps are crashing on launch:(

Main differences with your system is that i'm using onboard Gpu for now over display port (will plug the rx580 later when working) and use nvme disk (I've also tested on a mechanicanl disk to eliminate issues with the nvme)

I've been troubleshooting this for 4th day now and it started driving me a bit nuts. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Sleep is working

I have a similar built but with GA-Z490M UD and having big issues running certain apps. I used your config as a baseline and done modifications as it seems quite similar. No issues installing or with stability. Just that about 50% of apps are crashing on launch:(

Main differences with your system is that i'm using onboard Gpu for now over display port (will plug the rx580 later when working) and use nvme disk (I've also tested on a mechanicanl disk to eliminate issues with the nvme)

I've been troubleshooting this for 4th day now and it started driving me a bit nuts. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Saw you got it sorted by adding the other GPU. Never tried my iGPU as a display-out so not sure what could be the problem there.

Hi - Is SSDT-EC necessary for this build?

Can you Provide any Guide. M bit New for Open Core and Want to go ahead with exactly Same System. Will Purchase i7 10700k+Z490M Gaming Board within 1 week.

Hi! I am sure you can just use a general build walkthrough with the EFI provided here. I didn't do a clean reinstall so I didn't follow a guide. Check this one tho: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

Hi - Is SSDT-EC necessary for this build?

Right now I run without having mapped USB and haven't had any issues (using 5 of the onboard USB ports), but I don't think everything relating to USB is working as it is supposed to, so I will do my own USB mapping sometime. This is the guide I'll follow: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/

Will post updates when I get around to it!

Right now I run without having mapped USB and haven't had any issues (using 5 of the onboard USB ports), but I don't think everything relating to USB is working as it is supposed to, so I will do my own USB mapping sometime. This is the guide I'll follow: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/

Will post updates when I get around to it!

I'd very much appreciate your USBMap.kext file once you've created it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back