Graphics
GTX 760 4gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, so i just wanted to post a thread saying WOOOH I got my first hackintosh installed and working great!

So for starters here is what my build is:

MB: GA-Z97X-UD5H (rev 1.0)
GPU: EVGA GTX 760 4gb GDDR5
Ram: Corsair Vengence
HDD: Samsung Evo 840 (and other drives)
CPU: Intel i7 4790 (i ordered the wrong part and kicking myself for it :( was ready to overclock!)

1. Making UniBeast Thumbdrive with Mavericks 10.9.0
Followed directions on the tonymac’s website: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
2. Next step was to update my bios to the latest update (in my case it was F8).
3. After updating my bios i had to do a couple of changes in it to get everything ready;
Load Optimized Defaults
Peripherals>xHCI Mode>Auto
Peripherals>xHCI Hand-off>ENABLED
Peripherals>EHCI Hand-off>DISABLED
Peripherals>Internal Graphics>DISABLED
Power Management>Wake on Lan>DISABLED
BIOS Features>VT-d>DISABLED
BIOS Features>Boot Mode Selection>Legacy
Save and Exit​
4. Installing the operating system. This is where i was ready to go! Pressing F12 at startup and chose the USB with UniBeast installed on it (plugged it into USB 2.0 port on my case). This is kind of the “hard” part of setting up your mackintosh.

I tried booting it with no flags and got a kernel panic then i tried with -x still got a kernel panic, finally i tried -v and it worked fine (just give it some time to boot the files). (make sure to format drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with Disk Utility (at the welcome screen) before installing)

After installing i had to restart and boot back into the usb. Once the boot loader is loaded and you can choose between usb and your hdd/ssd on your computer choose the drive you installed osx on. I tried -x to get into OS X but got a panic so i put no boot flags and it worked fine for me! Finishing the installation and i was ready to install everything from multi beast.

5. MultiBeast Settings

Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Intel 9 Series Motherboard SupportDrivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.4 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS ResetBootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - DesktopCustomize > Boot Options > Instant Menu
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 6,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black​

Install and restart.

6. Updating to latest version 10.9.4
I downloaded the update combo pack from apples website http://www.tonymacx86.com/438-os-x-10-9-4-update.html

I followed the directions that was given from one of the comments. All credits to Stork

Here's the step by step way to update:
Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
Download the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks which has the latest ACL8xy audio drivers**;
Download the Combo Update and run the Combo Update to update to 10.9.4;
Re-boot;
Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your audio driver to install (TRIM patch is not yet available)***;
Re-boot; and
Repair Permissions again.*​
For more information, see Stork's post here.

Hope this helps anyone!

I have pretty much the same system that you have but 16GB/GTX 670 2GB. I also have 10.9.4 with Unibeast (I believe if you download it right now, it's 10.9.4) so I didn't have to upgrade.

For Multibeast, I almost have the same selections that you have but minor different. Mine is:

Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150 (before getting a USB Sound Card)
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Intel 9 Series Motherboard SupportDrivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.4 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS ResetBootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - DesktopCustomize > Boot Options > Instant Menu
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Everything's working the way I wanted except ONE annoying thing! After wake up from sleep, the sound just disappear! Quick fix is just to restart but what a point of having sleep/wake functions!

So, I found a permanent fix by getting a USB sound card for $9.97 made by Sarbrent. On the package it says "USB Stereo 3D Sound Adapter". On the BIOS, I turned onboard sound to be "Off". Once I plug this little dongle into any USB port, it took about 10 seconds for the system to recognize the USB and I got sound after wake up without restarting.

On "Sound" under "System Preferences" under "Output" tape, it recognizes as "C-Media USB Headphone Set". Very simple and need no kext.

Please let us know if you didn't have this issue and how you got it to work.

Thanks,

Hi guys,

Here are the specs I'm currently using:
GA-Z97X-UDH5H
Intel Core i7-4790K
EVGA GeForce GTX 770
G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz 8GBx4(32 GB) (I only used one stick of ram for the installation)
Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD (480GB)

I've followed this thread and Palagius' instructions from start to finish. Configured the correct bios, booted Unibeast through a USB,
Partitioned my ssd and installed Mavericks (10.9.4), went through the rest of the installation and configured MultiBeast the way Palagius suggested and the installation finished correctly.

I ejected my "Mavericks Installation" USB and restarted my computer and got an error message (see pic below). I went to my bios, took a look at my boot options and it told me that I had two drives, UEFI Sandisk and Sandisk (the UEFI Sandisk drive only appeared after I partitioned my Sandisk ssd to install Mavericks on it). I selected UEFI Sandisk as my first boot option and Sandisk as my second boot option, restarted my computer and was able to get to my desktop screen normally.

I'm not sure if I should keep those bios settings or not because I haven't found a post that says what to do after configuring MultiBeast.

Thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 291
Couple of questions. What kind of Geekbench scores have you gotten? How many monitors are you driving? I need to build a system that is going to support 3 monitors.

Thank you

Current New Build:
Corsair Carbide 330R Case
Corsair RM650 PS
GA-Z97X-UD5H Ver. 1.0
i7-4790K Haswell 4.0GHz (No OC)
Corsair H75 Water (CPU Temps 25-30)
16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 2400MHZ
EVGA GeForce GTX 740 2GB
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
Asus PB278Q 2560X1440 Monitor

Not only is this build fast but so quiet it is eerie…

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 1.16.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 1.16.05 PM.png
    421.7 KB · Views: 189
Have you tried to OC at all? Did you come accross any install issues or pretty straight forward? Also have you tried 3 monitors at all?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back