Contribute
Register

Success - GA-Z97M-DS3H - I5-4590 - 16GB RAM - Intel HD Graphics 4600 - Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97M-DS3H
CPU
4th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-4590 processor
Graphics
INTEL HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, After trying too many times, I was able to finally get the whole process done thanks to many postings about similar motherboard (GA-Z97M-D3H) This is what I did and everything is working. I am not using a graphics card yet.

Booting from UniBeast sometimes keyboard or mouse was not working, after 3rd time I was able to install the OS. Prior to that I make the following changes on the MB.

- Load Optimized Defaults.
- Disable Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Set Type OS to other
- Disable VT-D
- Set Initial Display to IGFX
- Set XMP Profile 1 (if you don't set this, the screen will freeze after booting.)

Using UniBeast, I only used -v -x and I got the wonderful setup screen. I set the HD and installed the OS.
Reboot the PC and proceed with the setup, same boot flags, -v -x.

Download MultiBeast and set the following:
QuickStart-DSDT Free
Drivers - Audio - Realtek ALC887/88b Current v100302
Drivers - Audio - Optional HDAEnabler - Audio ID: 1
Drivers - Disk - 3rd Party SATA
Drivers - Disk - 10.10.0 TRIM patch
Drivers - Network - Realtek - RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.3
Drivers - Misc - FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Drivers - Misc - FakeSMC v6.14.1364 HWMonitor Application
Drivers - Misc - USB 3.0 - Universal
Bootloader - Chimera v3.0.1
Customize - Boot Options - Basic Boot Options
Customize - Boot Options - Generate CPU States
Customize - Boot Options - Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize - Boot Options - Use KernelCache
Customize - Systems Definitions iMac 15.1​

After the installation reboot the system with no flags and everything should be working. Systems go to sleep and sound is working fine. Also make sure you don't use VGA connections. I have 2 displays one with HDMI and the other one with DVI. I did not disconnect any of the 3 Hard Drives and I plugged the USB in the 2.0 connector when booting from UniBeast.

So far system is stable. Thanks everyone for the postings, it really helped a lot.
Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 6.40.11 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 8.00.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 7.59.36 PM.png

Jukamed, I just got the same MOBO but I'm using a i3-4330 instead. Unibeast will boot but I get stuck with a Malformed Bundle error message, using -v. If I boot without any flags, the Apple Logo screen with progress bar gets to about 50% and hangs. Any help would be appreciated.

try

-v -x PCIRootUID=1 and make sure you setup the bios same as I posted. Please let me know, thanks.

What is the error you get when using -v?

Hi,

Congrats! I wish I had the same luck because except for the case my system is almost the same as yours...

I'm trying all you are saying, but I don't pass the first pluses line

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Didn't find the XMP profiles, though... (any clue?)

Unibeast El Capitan 10.11.3

UPDATE: I was creating previously a FusionDrive, it couldn't boot. I deleted All partitions (from Windows tool) and the system started up by itself with ease...

Cheers!!
Your devote admirer

wow amazing! is the first time that i succes in a built in the first try.
this one was my built number 11.

i follow the sugestiions from jukamed and did not use -v or -x any flags and the very first time it boot perfect.....BUT......i use the most simple hardware for installation just one 8GB RAM and follow the sentence:
"- Set XMP Profile 1 (if you don't set this, the screen will freeze after booting.)"
it works.
OK afther the victory i shut down the computer and then install two more hard drives and
complete RAM with 32GB (four x 8GB) from my old MB aaaaaaand,

KERNEL PANIC at BOOT !

very frustrating but it fixed when i disable the XPM (switch Profile 1 and set to Disable)
then it boot in the second try.

I will be monitoring to see if remain stable.

the XPM Profile is in the MIT configurator the first tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back