128GB OCZ Vertex 4
Intel HD3000 graphics

Bios settings:
480MB video RAM
AHCI
HPET 64-bit

Install method:
Unibeast

Not a bad experience overall. Networking was fine right off the bat, and I got sound with a combination of Unified Device Injector -> ALC8xHDA and Patched AppleHDA -> ALC889 options.

ML was booting into 1024x768 resolution for some reason, with no other resolutions available in Displays unless I unplugged my HDMI cable and plugged it back in. After plugging back in I'd be in native 1920x1080x32 and have all other resolutions available as well. Remembered that I hadn't set my system to Mac Mini, so I did that and rebooted. No effect on graphics, so that wasn't the issue. (However, that did have the side effect of adding a delay to audio initialization, so I went back to the Mac Pro default.) Setting GraphicsEnabler to No on boot fixed the resolution but caused graphics artifacts. Finally fixed the boot resolution issue for good by adding the following to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and putting GraphicsEnabler back to Yes:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

Sleep was causing CMOS resets and the fix from Multibeast didn't help, but after some searching I found a patch for AppleRTC.kext at InsanelyMac: CMOS Resets by AppleRTC.kext - InsanelyMac Forum (a slightly different patch I found here prior to that didn't help)

If anyone wants a pre-patched file, I've attached one here.

App Store works great and I haven't had the unverified device error some others have reported.

I needed 3rd Party Sata in order to make my drive appear as internal.

The TRIM enabler worked fine.

For some reason, booting takes nearly 30 seconds from Apple logo to desktop. With Lion it only took 3, and this is a fast SSD, so there's clearly some issue there I need to resolve. Not too worried about it though since I rarely reboot.

So from start to finish, it took me about an hour and a half to get to where I was happy. Most of that was sorting out the resolution and CMOS reset. Hopefully this post can help save you that trouble if you run into the same issues. :)

Attachments

• AppleRTC.kext.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 104
thank you, thank you, thank you.......
I have tried almost everything to get past the CMOS reset!
Your patched kext worked!

I have also tried another patched kext from this forum, that didn't work and the patch from multibeast and some other terminal stuff.
Now I have a working mountain lion!

Glad I could help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back