Contribute
Register

[Success] Big Sur: Asus ROG Strix Z490-E i7-10700K RX-580 *Everything Works*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was previously running Mojave, then Catalina on an Asus M32D (i7-7000 ,32G ram, RX-580, Samsung Evo) but always wanted to build myself something I could use to essentially combine my old Dell R710 with my Hackintosh so I could have everything "under one roof" if you will. I decided on the following hardware;

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming
CPU: Intel 10700K
PSU: Thermaltake - SMART 700W ATX 80 Plus Power Supply
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 48GB (2 x 8GB, 2x32) DDR4 2400
GPU: Radeon RX 580
Wi-Fi/BT: Built in Intel AX201 (thanks to the Open IntelW ireless project). (Handoff / Continuity working)

Ethernet: I225-V:
Even this is natively supported according to the Open Core guides, Big Sur could not find the adapter. But thank you to scope666
for posting a custom kext which allowed Big Sur to find the adapter

Storage: 1x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe
Case: CORSAIR - iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid-Tower Smart Case - Black
CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R - AIO RGB CPU Liquid Cooler - Rotating Cap Design - 240mm Radiator - Dual 120mm RGB PWM Fans

Notes from the install:
BE PATIENT!!!! Big Sur takes a long time to install. I REPEAT, BE PATIENT!! It is oh so tempting to think something went wrong if you are stuck on one screen for a long time, but PLEASE, let things run their course.

After about a week of tweaking and tuning, much to my surprise, EVERYTHING WORKS, (iMessage, Mail. Hand-Off, Wireless, etc.)
I uploaded my EFI Folder in case anyone is having issues or is not sure where to start.

Thank you to everyone in the community and forums for being such great resources.
thanks you save my day :D
My Rig: STRIX Z490-E, i9-10900K, 64G RAM, STRIX RX570, SS 960 EVO?
Your EFI work flawlessly

airdrop works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back