Contribute
Register

[Success] Big Sur 11.5.2 - MSI Z270-A Pro - Intel Core i7-7700 - Gigabyte RX 580 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z270-A Pro
CPU
Core i7 7700
Graphics
Gigabyte RX 580 OC Gaming 8 GB
First of all, I would like to thank all of the community, developers and people who share their knowledge and experience. I had couple of experiences with Clover on High Sierra but there were some issues with my builds and I thought I should give an Open Core try.

I read the official guide start to finish:

and followed the guide here:

I built the system and boom! it was success in the first try! I couldn't believe how smooth the whole process was. My LAN, Soundcard and Video was ready to go on the first boot. The documentation is very detailed and video guide helped a lot too.

After completing the installation I found that my USB3 drives are not recognized. Somehow my USBmap.kext was wrong and I fixed it by following this guide:

After that, I plug my Windows 10 hdd and there was a blue screen (0xc000000d) indicating that I should repair my drive. Before going on with repair or anything, I quickly go back to guide and found what was wrong. Enabled SyncRuntimePermissions on config.plist and then Windows boot was smooth as well.
Finally, when I load 4K videos and encoding on iMovie, cpu fan was kicking off. I quickly figured that radeon video decoder was not on.
I applied overrides below and video decoding and encoding was ok too.

So only thing that does not work is wifi. I knew that it won't work but interestingly Mac system info shows wifi card info but it's obviously not working.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 19.36.24.png

I'm attaching my EFI if anyone needed.

Cheers!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 461
Hi guys,

Just to quick update here. Machine is running fantastic, however, there is still an issue that I was having since High Sierra built; mouse lag.
I tried to use different mouse hardware and right now I'm sure it's not related to mouse or bluetooth or USB port settings.
I tried switching from HDMI to dvi and it was smooth for a while. But after couple of restarts it was back to its initial state again.
What I gather from I read so far is, it seems like there is something wrong with RX 580 frame buffer, but I don't know how to fix it. If there is someone who has the solution please help me on that.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back