Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming + i7-9700k + Asus TUF RX 6800 XT + UHD 630 Headless + Big Sur / Monterey + OpenCore 0.7.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a successful Hackintosh right now pretty similar (Asus Z390-A Prime, 9600K, RX580 8GB, Intel UHD 630, OEM Airport with handoff, M.2, so fast). I'm really tempted to clone my drive and attempt your approach, sounds great!

Thanks! Works everything! I had problem with USB map: in config.plist I need to check the Xhciportlimit box in Opencore Confugurator / Kernel and now i have all USB3 and C :)
Thanks again!!

Last edited:
also! what do you mean by "headless UHD 630"? like can you elaborate on that topic @mihaiparaipan? I understand like a headless Mac mini, but not one gpu of two on a device

Means that you can use iGPU alongside dGPU for compute purpose only, not to drive a display. Is only applicable when you have a dGPU.
Having iGPU in this mod certain programs use inlet quick sync technology for decoding/encoding video.

Last edited:
OpenCore updated to 0.6.6.

OpenCore updated to 0.6.6.
lol so, can I ask yet again for this updated EFI folder? Everything was going great for me, but after attempting 0.6.6 I keep getting stuck with just a text based interface for the boot picker

lol so, can I ask yet again for this updated EFI folder? Everything was going great for me, but after attempting 0.6.6 I keep getting stuck with just a text based interface for the boot picker
post 1?

Direct update to Big Sur 11.2.1 without any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back