RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.22.41 PM.png

I posted more details in the guide forum, but the specs are what are in my profile:

Board: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS
Processor: i5 8600K
GPU: RX 570 Pulse 8GB

Files used:
OpenCore 0.6.0 Release or Debug
AppleALC-1.5.1
IntelMausi-1.0.3
VirtualSMC-1.1.5
WhateverGreen-1.4.1

Advice: Get OpenCore fully working for a test install of Catalina so you are starting from a known good boot loader. Once OpenCore was working in all respects for my Catalina load, the Big Sur install was largely uneventful. Do not install on a drive or system that previously ran Clover and reset your NVRAM using the OpenCore tool that appears in the boot menu. OpenCore will leave NVRAM artifacts from Clover unless cleared (its method is that you must explicitly state the entries you want overwritten on boot). Starting fresh helped in getting a clean and stable OpenCore install working.

Tools used to get OpenCore configured: gibMacOS, MountEFI, ProperTree, MaciASL and GenSMBIOS (I used iMac 19,1 for my Coffee Lake CPU).

The install rebooted four time, twice selecting "Mac OS Installer" and twice "Preboot". The final working boot entry is called "Preboot".

The install took considerably (really really) longer than prior versions.

DRM broke, but wired networking, sound and graphics acceleration work along with iCloud, app store and my normal apps.

I will wait for the next beta before loading my profile and trying it out.

Last edited:
This is the same as my case ..
I installed on the SSD sata twice selecting "Mac OS Installer" and twice "Big Sur Partition". The final working boot entry is "Big Sur Partition".
But when installing on M.2 NVMe opencore does not show Big Sur partition (OS X drive) the installation works by twice selecting "Mac OS Installer" and twice "Preboot". The final working boot entry is called "Preboot".

I think this is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back