Contribute
Register

[Succes] Z77X-UD5H / i7 3770K / Radeon 6950 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot get this to work to save my life.

Am working with a XFX HD 6950 2 GB
a gigabyte ga-z68xp-ud3-issd
an i7-2600k (so HD 3000)

Everything I try all I get back is white screens, and setting the graphics to choose HD 3000 first just presents me with black screens and no feedback at all.

It did manage to work once, but just by pure chance have no idea why, all I did was restarted it after a crash and miss putting in anything at the chimera screen, cannot get this to happen again. This was still not fully accelerated though and was quite blurry when trying to move apps around the screen.

Hi Tom,

Did you get your build to work with only the HD3000? That is, without the 6950 even physically installed in your system? Try that first and report back if succeeded. Then we could try to change the other settings etc.

Yeah I installed without the card in with just on the internal graphics (Although HD 3000 wasn't recognised)

Then if I change the settings in the BIOS to try and get HD 3000 to be recognised I get stuck at the spinning wheel. Verbose doesn't seem to output anything useful and the computer just seems to get stuck.

I have a few times got the 6950 to work, but it is very jittery and not reliable at actually working at all, it is very hit and miss. This usually has happened when I've woken the computer up from sleep or strangely one time it just worked. I'm really not sure what is going on with this.

I'm booting the computer with no flags at all.

But have tried graphicsenabler=yes/no and still no avail.

Yeah I installed without the card in with just on the internal graphics (Although HD 3000 wasn't recognised)

Then if I change the settings in the BIOS to try and get HD 3000 to be recognised I get stuck at the spinning wheel. Verbose doesn't seem to output anything useful and the computer just seems to get stuck.

I have a few times got the 6950 to work, but it is very jittery and not reliable at actually working at all, it is very hit and miss. This usually has happened when I've woken the computer up from sleep or strangely one time it just worked. I'm really not sure what is going on with this.

I'm booting the computer with no flags at all.

But have tried graphicsenabler=yes/no and still no avail.

Tom,

You do have a i7 3770k? That one has a HD4000 IGP and should work. You only need to get ML up and running in 1024*768 or so, to make the changes. You do not need to get anything else to work... just get to the ML desktop using the HD4000 and work from there to get the 6950 going.

You do need to add a few more things into org.chameleon.boot.plist such as AtiConfig, AtiPorts and PCIRootUID=1 etc. But that's for later. First get to a working ML with the HD4000.

I've only got an i7-3600k

I can get a working Mountain Lion using the HD 3000.

Just can't get the next steps to get the 6950 to work.

So what works/doesnt work with the 6950
I have a similar setup where Im running good on Intel 4000 and only get whitescreen when i try with 6950

hey I have a MSI Z77-g45, i can't set it to initial graphics display first to the internal graphics as it isn't in the bios... What can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back