GIGABYTE GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I recently tried to upgrade to High Sierra using the HFS+ portion of the guide and when it goes through the intial reboot and I select the boot Mac OSX install using Hard drive option it hangs on attempting to restart and MACH reboot. I'm not really sure how to get past this and upon researching I see a lot of people saying to Drop the MATS/DMAR/BGRT tables from my config file, but I'm not understanding what that means and I also see that in some cases that didn't work.

Can someone in the forums please help point me to a solution or something to try in order to get past this reboot hang ?

IMG_0347.JPG

Can someone in the forums please help point me to a solution or something to try in order to get past this reboot hang ?

Your problem is with the CPUSensors - Remove them.

Sensors.png

Thanks for the advice. When I removed all the FakeSMC sensors kexts it allowed me to install High Sierra finally. I'm not out of the woods completely though. Now I am getting a hang up at kextd stall[0] 'NVDAgl', 'NVDAgl', 'IOResources'. It finishes the boot after a long time and then I get one monitor with Nvidia web drivers working. The other monitor is all messed up though. Any ideas how to fix the hang and graphics issue ? I uninstalled Nvidia web drivers and reinstalled the newest ones. I am posting a picture of my EFI drive and the boot screen below...

IMG_0369.JPG
IMG_0371.JPG
IMG_0372.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back