Contribute
Register

Stuck on apple logo after disconnecting/reconnecting hardware components (macOS Sierra 10.12)

When running macOS, the BIOS clock (RTC) keeps UTC time, not the local one.
Is this your case ?
I am in EST, my local time is 5:43 pm.

The BIOS clock displays 02:34

I am in EST, my local time is 5:43 pm.

The BIOS clock displays 02:34
Of course, your mac/hack should be correctly configured ( City, TimeZone, Time server )
See : System settings > General > Date & Time ( in Ventura )

So as a test, I modified the following two settings in BIOS:

VT-d : disabled
Internal Graphics : disabled

I then disconnected wall power and left the tower sitting for 5 minutes, rebooted, and the settings were still there. I think this points to the CMOS battery still being fine.

So as a test, I modified the following two settings in BIOS:

VT-d : disabled
Internal Graphics : disabled

I then disconnected wall power and left the tower sitting for 5 minutes, rebooted, and the settings were still there. I think this points to the CMOS battery still being fine.
OK. if your hack is in working state, it will auto sync with a time server and on desktop your local time will be correctly displayed.

It is better to change CMOS Battery now ... so you can eliminate a source of trouble.

Alright so - I looked up the final line from verbose mode in the forums:

"mbinit: done [128MB total pool size, (85/42 split]"​

I found a few threads talking about enabling USB Ownership. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/first-time-building-a-hackintosh-progress-bar-stuck-during-install.196724/ I did this in my version of clover, and magic - i can boot into my OS again just like I left it before the disassembly.

20240330_183123.jpg

20240330_183135.jpg

Now my question is - how do I make this modified setting permanent?
Also I find it so strange that I never had this configured before and it worked! Mysterious. I would love to know why this happened, but I am also just happy to have my workstation back.

Alright so - I looked up the final line from verbose mode in the forums:
Good detective work. I haven't used Multibeast in about 5 years. IIRC you can use it to permanently change your config.plist to enable USB ownership. If not, just use a plist editor like PlistEditPro. Makes it very easy.

These are the bios settings you need for your Skylake system to run macOS, using the IGPU and a discrete GPU.
  1. Virtualisation : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled