Motherboard
TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming (Wi-fi)
CPU
i5 9600
Graphics
XFX RX 570 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I followed MacMan's ASUS TUF build and was able to get through a successful install but I cannot get it to boot after running Multibeast and rebooting. It will reboot just fine if I don't run Multibeast, but as soon as I apply the settings in Multibeast and reboot, it freezes here. MacMan says it might take a few reboots so I have been giving it 3-4 attempts before starting over.

I have tried searching and changing various settings in Multibeast (like with and without emulated nvram) and bios based on threads I've found but am not having any luck. The only way I can get back into the OS is to reformat and start from scrap.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 35
  • 1563212717023.png
    1563212717023.png
    248.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Is the boot loader a necessity? It seems like I can use the computer just fine without but as soon as I try to add the boot loader I go from Clover 4920 to Clover 4934 and it will no longer boot.

Since I never got any help I thought I'd update this in case anyone else ever finds it.

I was able to successfully install Mojave with MacMan's instructions, as previously mentioned. I then copied the boot loader from my flash drive to the SSD EFI partition, updated to the latest Clover, and manually set all the post install Clover options there. I have been running it successfully for several days now.

I had some trouble upgrading to Catlina without breaking everything, so I'm sticking to Mojave for a bit. After some time with Mojave I may try Catalina again. Just enjoying the extra power over my mid-2012 MacBook Pro for now and haven't noticed any features I miss from Catalina.

Also, FWIW I installed this so many times that the last time I knew exactly what the outcome would be and I decided to play with some other variables (recommended settings). I set the BIOS to "Optimized Default" turned secure boot back on, left all my peripherals, wireless mouse & keyboard, both monitors, and extra drives attached, and installed from a USB 3.0 port. No issues whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back