Contribute
Register

Stressed out! Stuck on Apple Logo screen with USB Uni/Multibeast (Urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (BIOS Version: 2012 x64)
CPU
Core i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980ti SC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all, long time lurker first time poster.

I did a lot of research into components, completed my build. She boots into the BIOS utility fine, so all components should be working.

I have updated my profile as per the rules however for reference I'll list my build here.

CPU: i7 4790k

Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Hero
BIOS Version: 2012 x64

GPU: Evga GTX 980 ACX 2.0
RAM: 32GB Ballistix Crucial
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2

Any more information please let me know. Anyway, I followed the installation guide outlined, managed to get Uni/Multibeast onto my USB without too many problems.

Before attempted install, I tried to edit my BIOS settings as per the instructions:
  1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
  2. Load Optimized Defaults
  3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
  4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
  5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
  6. Set OS Type to Other OS
  7. Save and exit.

Couldn't find anything about secure boot mode, it was already greyed out. Set the SATA drives to ACHI mode as far as I'm aware...

Anyway turned off the computer, inserted my Unibeast USB and turned on, it immediately went to the Chimera boot screen in which I hit enter to go to USB. It started doing it's thing and Gave me the Apple Logo screen in which the load bar only went to approx 1/5 before becoming stuck and staying there.

Now I used my initiative and did some searching around the forums, this resulted in me trying various boot flags in order to resolve the problem. No matter what bootflag I entered, I always came out with a different problem which I feel is pointless to show as I'd rather be directed from one point before proceeding.

I looked at these threads,

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...first-hackintosh-stuck-apple-logo-screen.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/165597-please-help-yosemite-boot-2.html

One time I even had what is called "deadbeef KP" and again tried the appropriate bootflag.

In conclusion it would be very much appreciated if someone could guide me as to where I should start, my gut feeling is maybe my BIOS settings, I regret buying this motherboard as I heard it may be more advanced than other, easier gigabyte replacements.

The issue is stressing me out greatly and any feedback would be very welcome.

I'm thinking, would I need to update or rollback my BIOS firmware first?

I'm using the same motherboard as you and I have Yosemite booting just fine.

On first boot to get into the installer, you should use the boot flags: -v -no-zp nv_disable=1

The first flag is to hide the apple logo screen and show verbose output, the second IIRC stands for no zone protection and is what fixed the 0xdeadbeef panic that you mentioned that I also got, and finally I needed nv_disable=1 to disable the NVIDIA drivers since I have a 9xx series video card.

When the installer loaded, I also had a fuzzy screen (DVI plugged into motherboard) that some users had reported with the HD4600 integrated graphics. The simple fix was to turn off and turn on my monitor, and the installer was waiting for me. After I installed Yosemite and booted the drive, I no longer needed -no-zp. I then installed the NVIDIA web drivers linked in the tutorial and swapped out nv_disable=1 to nvda_drv=1, and I was off and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back