Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi my friends,

I'm just wondering why I got this menus in software update?
Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 10.23.24.png

When I first updated my Hackintosh to Big Sur, I had some strange issues, never mind them - was my fault, didn't read.

Anyway. After I got everything working again, I noticed this, for me, strange looking selectors for profile and pre-release updates. I do not see these selectors on my MBP. Also I wasn't able to update through software update UI or command line. So I went back to gibMacOS and downloaded the whole installer and installed it over my running OS. Which went nearly pretty well. Now I got 11.0.1 Beta (20B5022a) but sill see these selectors. They do trigger me a bit because I don't now why I see them. Maybe someone knows more about it?! I think it could be related to my first upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur and also that I can't update with software update to 11.0.1 could be related to that?!

cheers!

Hi my friends,

I'm just wondering why I got this menus in software update?View attachment 494636
When I first updated my Hackintosh to Big Sur, I had some strange issues, never mind them - was my fault, didn't read.

Anyway. After I got everything working again, I noticed this, for me, strange looking selectors for profile and pre-release updates. I do not see these selectors on my MBP. Also I wasn't able to update through software update UI or command line. So I went back to gibMacOS and downloaded the whole installer and installed it over my running OS. Which went nearly pretty well. Now I got 11.0.1 Beta (20B5022a) but sill see these selectors. They do trigger me a bit because I don't now why I see them. Maybe someone knows more about it?! I think it could be related to my first upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur and also that I can't update with software update to 11.0.1 could be related to that?!

cheers!
Paid Apple Developer account versus a free account maybe?

Paid Apple Developer account versus a free account maybe?
Nope, I played around with different catalog URLs (public/dev) to verify if there is any difference, it isn't. Maybe I'll run a clean install, when Big Sur got released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back