Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've finally fixed my problem of retaining audio after wake-up from sleep - I'm using AppleALC and Luli. (MultiBeast v10.4.0 is due out soon with the option of using AppleALC and Luli. Be sure to read the Features document which comes with the zip file or on MultiBeast.com.)

Here's the way I did it to modify my existing installation:
:ch: You'll need to replace the MultiBeast modified AppleHDA in /S/L/E/ folder with the unmodified AppleHDA in the High Sierra Installer app. I used Pacifist to open up the Installer app to file AppleHDA. (Pacifist has a trial version; I recommend it's purchase for use on your hackintosh(es).)
:ch: Run Pacifist, open the Installer app and extract the AppleHDA to your Desktop. (Make sure it's the only kext on your Desktop.) AppleHDA will be in the .../Extensions/ folder shown below:

:ch: Right click on the AppleHDA, choose "Extract to Custom Location" and choose your Desktop.
:ch: Close Pacifist.​
:ch: Go to your installation disk's /System/Library/Extensions/ folder and move AppleHDA to the Trash.
:ch: With the Installation app extracted AppleHDA the only kext on your Desktop, run KextBeast choosing the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder.
:ch: Move the AppleALC kext on your Desktop to a safe place to archive it or you can delete it.

:ch: Download AppleALC and Luli, extract the kexts from the zip files and put them on the Desktop. Again, only have these two kexts on your Desktop.
:ch: Run KextBeast choosing the /Library/Extensions/ folder.

:ch: Now we have to modify the .../EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file to remove all the old audio patches. So, using the Terminal command "diskutil list", find your EFI partition for installation drive and mount the EFI partition using EFI Mounter V3.
:ch: Backup up your current config.plist. Now open config.plist in Xcode or PlistEditorPro (my preference).
:ch: Make sure Audio Device ID = 1.
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>1</string>
        </dict>
:ch: Remove the audio patches in the KextsToPatch area. You should only have the "External Icons Patch" and the "USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart,FredWst" patch:
Code:
<array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>External icons patch</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                RXh0ZXJuYWw=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                SW50ZXJuYWw=
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart,FredWst</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32IDw+DpwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
:ch: Now Reboot.​

Upon reaching the Desktop, you should have audio which will survive wake-up from sleep. :thumbup:
Running the macOS Combo Update should also restore a clean copy of AppleHDA.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Nothing comes to my mind either. See Post #295 to see if you have the correct USB patch for config.plist.

Also, take a look at your UniBeast Installer USB drive, especially, the /Library/Extension/ folder and the /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file. See if there is anything that missing on your installation drive as compared to the USB Installation drive.
So I've tried all of the above, and then for good measure wiped the install drive and re-installed; still no luck.

Some updates and additional information: I discovered that the ports will work if you put in a USB2 device, like a keyboard; also, plugging devices through an extension that only has USB2 pins will allow things to function, just at slow speeds. USB3 devices don't show up at all in system profiler. The thing where it worked from the USB boot only seems to work the first time the OS is booted, and after that it doesn't work any more.

It's not the end of the world, but it would be really nice to get it working. Should I try different system definitions? I'm really at a loss.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
...Should I try different system definitions? I'm really at a loss.
What SysDef are you using now?

Are you using the latest USB port limit patch by @PMHeart and RehabMan's latest USBInjectall.kext?

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
What SysDef are you using now?

Are you using the latest USB port limit patch by @PMHeart and RehabMan's latest USBInjectall.kext?
Sysdef is iMac14,2; I'm running the 07-16 USBInjectAll.

Edit to add: and yep, I edited the patch and checked it a bunch of times. This is what I have:

HTML:
<key>Comment</key>
                                <string>Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext</string>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                                </data>
                                <key>MatchOS</key>
                                <string>10.13.x</string>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
                                </data>

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! The problem was with my port limit patch. OK, so: in your code block that I copy pasted (from page 1 of the thread), you have the find as "g32UDw+DpwQAAA==", but in the image to check correctness, you have "g32IDw+DpwQAAA==". I had the code block, and that was what was causing my issue. Might be nice to fix it for the copy-pasta-happy of us. Thanks for all your help!

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! The problem was with my port limit patch. OK, so: in your code block that I copy pasted (from page 1 of the thread), you have the find as "g32UDw+DpwQAAA==", but in the image to check correctness, you have "g32IDw+DpwQAAA==". I had the code block, and that was what was causing my issue. Might be nice to fix it for the copy-pasta-happy of us. Thanks for all your help!
I have corrected both Post #1 and #295. Dunno how that happened, but, thanks, @photomattmills for catching the error.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Updated Post#1's MultiBeast installation procedures to reflect MultiBeast 10.4.0 which also works for the Mojave Public Betas.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac, Xserve
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks to @Stork for this thread. Everything worked perfectly (even with a GTX1060). Can I buy you a virtual coffee?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android