- May 29, 2013
- Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
- i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
- Vega 56
- Classic Mac
- , ,
- Mobile Phone
If you want to use AppleALC, yes, just put the AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.Thanks @Stork, and the rest of the contributors in here. I've got 10.13.5 running, but have a couple snags:
1. I don't have any output devices listed under sound. I tried the 2-step method several times without success, although the driver labels in MultiBeast are slightly different than what Stork listed, specifically I've got:
Drivers > Realtek ALCccc > Audio > 100 / 200 / 300 Series Audio Support
Drivers > Realtek ALCccc > Audio > 200 / Z370 Series / X299 Audio Device ID Patch
• Those are the ones I should be selecting, right?
• And if I want to give the 2-step method another try, do I need to keep doing fresh installs?
• As suggested earlier in this thread, I thought I'd try throwing lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext into the EFI\EFI\Clover\Kexts\Other. Is that all you need to do to install those? Sorry, I'm a beginner.
2. My USB 3.0 ports are supplying power, but are not working. I've got the latest PMHeart snippet in my config file, although did notice a string in there saying "10.13.6+." Will that work with 10.13.5?
I'm gonna attach my config file just in case a kind soul can take a look.
The 15 port limit patches for 10.13.5 and 10.13.6 are different. Do a search, the patch should be easy to find.