Motherboard
MSI B550M PRO-VDH
CPU
Ryzen 5 5600X
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently installed Sonoma from scratch as a second system on my computer, but I can’t go through the initial installation due to a bootloop (kernel panic). At the end of the system boot logs it says "virtual IOReturn IONVME Controller". I've already tried several tutorials how to fix this error but I still keep getting it. Moreover, I did not experience such an error on previous versions of the system. My chipset is B550, the CPU is Ryzen 5 5600X and the SSD is Samsung 970 EVO 500 Gigs. Any suggestions what could be the problem are highly appreciated
Screenshot_2024-05-02-17-19-03-389_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
I recently installed Sonoma from scratch as a second system on my computer, but I can’t go through the initial installation due to a bootloop (kernel panic). At the end of the system boot logs it says "virtual IOReturn IONVME Controller". I've already tried several tutorials how to fix this error but I still keep getting it. Moreover, I did not experience such an error on previous versions of the system. My chipset is B550, the CPU is Ryzen 5 5600X and the SSD is Samsung 970 EVO 500 Gigs. Any suggestions what could be the problem are highly appreciated View attachment 582050
also your Nvidia is not supported

I recently installed Sonoma from scratch as a second system on my computer, but I can’t go through the initial installation due to a bootloop (kernel panic). At the end of the system boot logs it says "virtual IOReturn IONVME Controller". I've already tried several tutorials how to fix this error but I still keep getting it. Moreover, I did not experience such an error on previous versions of the system. My chipset is B550, the CPU is Ryzen 5 5600X and the SSD is Samsung 970 EVO 500 Gigs. Any suggestions what could be the problem are highly appreciated View attachment 582050
Hello,
Please do some research related to some other CPUs : AMD 5600G & 5700G. Both use integrated graphics.
This can be a starting point :

Cheers :)

also your Nvidia is not supported
I know, but there are some weird ways to make it *partially* work through OpenCore Legacy Patcher, or at least some visual elements, so... 乁⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠o⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠ㄏ why not?

I know, but there are some weird ways to make it *partially* work through OpenCore Legacy Patcher, or at least some visual elements, so... 乁⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠o⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠ㄏ why not?
also, have you updated your firmware to the latest for your Samsung drive?

Back