Contribute
Register

Some issues with my graphics card (MSI Geforce 9800 GT 1go)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello :).
I have a Gigabyte P55M-UD2, a i5 750, 4gb of DDR3-1333 (from GSkill) and a Geforce 9800 GT (1024mb)

So, everything is working, except a thing: I have some strange issues with my graphics card, a MSI Geforce 9800 GT (1024mo), i use "NvEnabler" (which is in the blog) :

-There is a VGA and a DVI port in my graphics card, if i plug my monitor (which has only a VGA port) in the VGA port, i have no QE/CI and the monitor is in 1280*1024, whereas if i plug my monitor on a DVI/VGA adaptator, then in the DVI port, it works.

-OpenGL performances (As i see in XBench) are bad (125 in XBench), like those in a IMac 24' with a Geforce 7300 GT.

Any idea of what i should use ?

Thank you very much :).

Try adding the following code to your com.apple.boot.plist. It's the EFI string for your card. This will (hopefully) fix your issues. Otherwise, download EFI Studio and tweak the xml. :ugeek:

You must remove NVenabler and rebuild caches to test. Good luck!

Attachments

• tonymacx86-9800 GT EFI Strings.txt.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 150
Your string didn't work for me, so i used EFI Studio, and it works without NvEnabler, so it's good.. I've still crappy results at XBench, but no more strnage messages at boot with -v...

I have another question: Can i have 1680x1050x32 at boot (With the Apple ?) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back