Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Please help or offer input if you can. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, or the wrong forum entirely, but I'm panicking.

I was using my machine in Windows 7 64bit doing some IM, Web browsing and downloading Steam updates. I opened a file called "UxStyle_Core_Jul13_x64.msi" which is the installer for a patcher for themes. I didn't have time to click "I agree" when my screens went black. Now the rig won't boot.

I had an overclock
BCLK 166
Multiplier 23x
Voltage: 1.28v
All processor features enabled
RAM multiplier 10x
I didn't change the uncore

I never reached higher than 73 degrees running an hour of prime95, or higher than 77 degrees after 20 minutes of IntelBurnTest on very high. This is on air cooling, a Scythe Mugen 2. Temperatures were normal, all less than 60 degrees when it just went out.

Now, when I press the power button, it turns on, but the monitors don't come on. The Phase LEDs light up yellow/orange/red, the Freq LEDS don't light up, and the NB/DDR voltage LEDs are yellow/green/orange.

Essentially, I know I fried something. Is it the RAM, Processor or Motherboard?

Re: X58A-UD3R dead?

celebbb said:
Please help or offer input if you can. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, or the wrong forum entirely, but I'm panicking.

I was using my machine in Windows 7 64bit doing some IM, Web browsing and downloading Steam updates. I opened a file called "UxStyle_Core_Jul13_x64.msi" which is the installer for a patcher for themes. I didn't have time to click "I agree" when my screens went black. Now the rig won't boot.

I had an overclock
BCLK 166
Multiplier 23x
Voltage: 1.28v
All processor features enabled
RAM multiplier 10x
I didn't change the uncore

I never reached higher than 73 degrees running an hour of prime95, or higher than 77 degrees after 20 minutes of IntelBurnTest on very high. This is on air cooling, a Scythe Mugen 2. Temperatures were normal, all less than 60 degrees when it just went out.

Now, when I press the power button, it turns on, but the monitors don't come on. The Phase LEDs light up yellow/orange/red, the Freq LEDS don't light up, and the NB/DDR voltage LEDs are yellow/green/orange.

Essentially, I know I fried something. Is it the RAM, Processor or Motherboard?
You're definitely in the wrong Forum dude :)

Please switch off your Rig on the backside with the PSU switch for about 1-2 minutes. Then try to restart the system and jump into BIOS setup (if possible) and select “Load Optimized Defaults” option, please remember to save the settings and exit. This should fix the error, however if the problem still remains kindly contact your local supplier or your local Gigabyte distributor for further assistance.
If your monitor don't come on then i think you've fried your GFX card

And while you are at it, you might want to give the Clear CMOS switch/jumper a try too ;)

Thanks for the responses.

I tried a cold boot after 8 hours and it booted fine. Backed up to external drives. Went into Dirt 2 eyefinity, same thing. Motherboard error beeps suggest graphics card failure. Graphics card smells like barbecued plastic.

celebbb said:
Graphics card smells like barbecued plastic.
:(

Sorry to bump an old thread, quick update.

It was just a noob mistake. Everything fine.

I had plugged a fan molex connector between the graphics card and the rail to PSU.
Ran ~9 amps through 18 gauge wire. The fan's molex connector melted (the burning plastic smell), and disconnected power from graphics card. Removing the fan and plugging the graphics card in directly fixed the problem. All seems to be working fine, and graphics card will sustain eyefinity gameplay.

PSU > Fan 4 pin to 4 pin > Graphics card = bad.

I'm never doing this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back