Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H170N-Wifi
CPU
i5 6600
Graphics
None
Hey, guys, I've attempted to make my Hackintosh again and got to the post install where I did MultiBeast and Clover and all that. I restart, and I select the UEFI OS from my SSD. The loader bar gets about 3/4 of the way where it gets stuck on the apple boot screen. When I did verbosely, it said failed to initialize graphics firmware which is the last line before it stopped. I don't know what to do, and I had a Hackintosh running just two months ago on this same PC so I know the hardware is fine.

Gigabyte - GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
i7 skylake overclockable
16gb ram
Trying to run it on integrated graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I did verbosely, it said failed to initialize graphics firmware which is the last line before it stopped.
There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.
Ok thanks I'll try that, recently it wouldnt even let me reinstall from the USB, it got stuck halfway through and then failed. I'm going to try making the unibeast installer again then redoing hopefully it will work this time so I can even get into the desktop again.

Ok thanks I'll try that, recently it wouldnt even let me reinstall from the USB, it got stuck halfway through and then failed. I'm going to try making the unibeast installer again then redoing hopefully it will work this time so I can even get into the desktop again.
I got that working now thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back