CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[fixed] Watching video turns everything to grayscale

Hi,

When I watch a video on Youtube or with VLC, Mac fades all color to grayscale, except for the video that is being played. This is extremely aggravating because I want to do some work while watching a video on Youtube for example. Is this a standard Mavericks feature? I can't find anything to turn this off...

I couln't find anything on this issue by googling for it..

I'm running 10.9.3.

Oh my god...

I have an Acer K272HUL 27" screen, and this had nothing to do with any hardware or drivers... This screen has a "detect video" option, which is on by default. What this does is fade away all colors of the screen that it considers not playing video.

For anyone else having this problem on Acer screens, try turning this 'feature' off!

@travelan OH MY GOD THANK YOU! I have been dealing with this for a few days now googling with no solution in sight. And to make matters worse, it was happening after a lot of changes to my system: New PC and a Mac both hooked through a KVM and I fiddled with my monitors too. I had not even thought of the monitors as a place to look. I figured maybe something strange about the KVM but no....that would be too weird.

Thanks a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back