Graphics
EVGA 670 FTW Giggahertz Model x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone know how to adjust the voltage for cpu. I have it at manual which is 1.36 on gigabyte ud4 board. I then change the adjustment level to -.2 volts. In windows this rolls over very well and is stable with max temps at 57 with prime 95 burn. On mac though with iStat menus I have a voltage of 1.38 going to 1.4 when under stress. But the temps max out at 58, only one degree higher. Is this just a problem that mackintosh has with sandy bridge voltage or is there something i can change to lower it.

Ps. the idle temps are higher but the max temps are around the same. Also i had been using a set max temp but changed to the variable after some testing and seeing a drop of around 5 degrees celsius.

Re: Voltage Problems

Ok thanks thats what I thought I had heard somewhere but couldn't find it again but is there still any reasoning behind the higher idle temps by about 3°C on each core or is that just the idle temp cause I know that macs tend to run a bit hotter idle than pcs but didn't know if it carried over with hackintoshes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back