msi z77a-g45
CPU
i5-3750k
Graphics
evga gtx 680 sc sig
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi,

i had a High Sierra install ok with my gtx 660. The graphics glitched (as documented) so got a 680. now i can’t boot to the installation of unibeast usb... the only change is the gpu.

apple logo and progress bar load then monitor loses signal. with verbosity on the system seems to peel through ok - though some messages about assertation failures and missing location (i think this is normal though).

have tried with usual combinations of the below options (obviously some would not be used at the same time - slides, nv*=1):

-x
-v
PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=No
nv_disable=1
nvda_drv=1
-f UseKernelCache=No
slide=0
slide=9 (calculated)

with/without the options i can get the video loss, broken spinner or ‘does printf work?’ but not a gui screen.

the original installation (with 660) seems to be ok(?) other than the video loss as the hard disk ticks away and after some time goes to sleep...?

has anyone seen this before, i can’t seem to find anything on this...

hardware:

i5-3570k
msi g45-z77a
evga gtx 680 superclocked signature
8gb ram
using sata disk

Last edited:
hi,

i had a High Sierra install ok with my gtx 660. The graphics glitched (as documented) so got a 680. now i can’t boot to the installation of unibeast usb... the only change is the gpu.

apple logo and progress bar load then monitor loses signal. with verbosity on the system seems to peel through ok - though some messages about assertation failures and missing location (i think this is normal though).

have tried with usual combinations of the below options (obviously some would not be used at the same time - slides, nv*=1):

-x -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 nvda_drv=1 -f UseKernelCache=No slide=0 slide=9 (calculated)

with/without the options i can get the video loss, broken spinner or ‘does printf work?’ but not a gui screen.

the original installation (with 660) seems to be ok(?) other than the video loss as the hard disk ticks away and after some time goes to sleep...?

has anyone seen this before, i can’t seem to find anything on this...

hardware:

i5-3570k
msi g45-z77a
evga gtx 680 superclocked signature
8gb ram
using sata disk

GraphicsEnabled does not apply to Clover but Cameleon

Hi,

Proper nvidia flag for kepler is InjectNvidia=False.

What System Definition are you using?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

iirc i set it to macpro 5,1, if i understand correctly

From what I understand:
1. Dont use GraphicaEnabler, it has no use on Clover
2. Dont use nv_disable or nvda_drv, ans use InjectNvidia=False.
3. If you have a problematic SMBios like I said,
EDIT (03/01/2017):
vit9696 offered a new solution for those who want an easy fix. I haven't tested this but it sounds like it bypasses the offending functionality of Apple Graphics Display Policy. Because it is a separate pair of kexts, it should not require any actions (re-patching) after updates. Install the Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kextin /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. It says it's for MacPro6,1 but omrij confirms it works for iMac15 and pastrychef confirms it works for the iMac 17 board IDs as well.

From what I understand:
1. Dont use GraphicaEnabler, it has no use on Clover
2. Dont use nv_disable or nvda_drv, ans use InjectNvidia=False.
3. If you have a problematic SMBios like I said,

smbios confirms macpro5,1 system profile.

while getting lilu etc. sorted out on the usb had another fiddle and in clover graphics injector options turned off injectnvidia and web drivers and selected to load video bios and i have a desktop!

the background is mangled on the login screen but after that seems ok!

thanks for your help and hopefully this will help someone else...

edit: note in my case i needed exaxtly the combination stated to get video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back