Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi !

I installed Lion with Unibeast+MultiBeast without any major issues. However, i have the most bizarre font issue: Some fonts happen to be smaller than usual, to the point they are barely readable. Not all of them though, and i had those font issues within the system itself AND apps.

I am also able to comparare easily to be sure i'm not crazy, since i also use a MacMini 2011 with that screen WITHOUT any font issues. OSX says i'm using my native resolution, which is 1080p. It seems some fonts are somewhat too "flat", making them much smaller. Do you guys have any idea whats happening ?

Re: VERY strange font behaviour

I used MultiBeast 4.3.0 with UserDSDT install, so according to the description in the installer itself i should have "MacPro3,1 smbios.plist". When i check "about this mac" it says Mac Pro indeed (early 2008)

Can this be the issue ? If so, do i just have to select another in Customization/System Definitions to switch ? I'm still talking about MultiBeast Installer.

Thanks !

Frak, i tried to update to MacPro 5,1 and i cant boot anymore (KP). Is there a way to get back my system ?

I gave a shot to rboot first and it worked just fine. Then, i deleted the kext thanks to samisnake suggestion making me able to boot with the "updated" SMBios.

Believe it or not, this ended my fonts issue ! You guys rock !

Just for the record, how SMBios can interfere with that ?

Sometime SMBios can throttle certain components in the system - I was just suggesting it. Glad you got it all working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back