Contribute
Register

[solved] Trouble Getting Internal Speakers to work (Lenovo Miix 720)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad L1HF63B00HA
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Quadro M1000M, 1920x1080
I have full graphics, backlight, and battery working. My touchpad is...odd. I'm discussing it in depth on the Gitter of VoodooI2C. It is recognized as a mouse right off the bat, so there's that I guess. It works.

My current issue is the sound though. It supports playback through the headphone jack and bluetooth (when it decides to work), and even the microphone works. The only thing not working, are the on board speakers. I've tried AppleALC with several layouts (I know for a fact it is using the codec ALC0236 though).

I am attaching Problem Reporting files, and hoping for any and all help. Keep in mind that this is a new install of macOS with no current attempts to modify audio (those were on the previous installs). Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• debug_6636.zip
    3 MB · Views: 59
I have full graphics, backlight, and battery working. My touchpad is...odd. I'm discussing it in depth on the Gitter of VoodooI2C. It is recognized as a mouse right off the bat, so there's that I guess. It works.

My current issue is the sound though. It supports playback through the headphone jack and bluetooth (when it decides to work), and even the microphone works. The only thing not working, are the on board speakers. I've tried AppleALC with several layouts (I know for a fact it is using the codec ALC0236 though).

I am attaching Problem Reporting files, and hoping for any and all help. Keep in mind that this is a new install of macOS with no current attempts to modify audio (those were on the previous installs). Thanks in advance.

Your ioreg shows you're using VoodooHDA.kext for audio.
It also proves your assertion "this is a new install of macOS with no current attempts to modify audio" completely false.

If you want to use patched AppleHDA instead, see FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

That's...odd. Oh wait. I did try a previous Clover file of mine. That must be it. VoodooHDA should be nowhere on my system as far as I know.

Edit: Nevermind. It was in a different folder on Clover/Other. Sorry about that. It's working just fine now. Thank you for pointing that out, RehabMan. I appreciate it, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

EDIT: You can just delete this thread if you want. I might make another for a few other issues.

Last edited:
That's...odd. Oh wait. I did try a previous Clover file of mine. That must be it. VoodooHDA should be nowhere on my system as far as I know.

Edit: Nevermind. It was in a different folder on Clover/Other. Sorry about that. It's working just fine now. Thank you for pointing that out, RehabMan. I appreciate it, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

EDIT: You can just delete this thread if you want. I might make another for a few other issues.

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back