1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I bought a 4530s with an i3 processor 2.29GHz

Need Snow Leopard for Rosetta and want to replace an old MacBook Pro

Followed all instructions on site and installed in an hour

Ran Geekbench and got a score of 1716

Ran Geekbench on my old MacBook Pro @ 2.16GHz and it scores nearly 3000

In theory the HP should be way faster???

I thought it may be BIOS so upgraded to F.20 which killed everything

Learned how to boot with no DSDT and repaired it

Put Windows drive back in machine and did Geekbench in Windows(32)

Scored 4764

What is going on?

Only real anomaly is that the RAM is reported as 0GHZ by Geekbench but not by OS

Other benchmark tests are reporting it as way slower than my old (slower) Mac

Any clues please?

Many thanks

Mark

Snow Leopard Geekbench2/32 score 1716 is this normal

I bought a 4530s with an i3 processor 2.29GHz

Need Snow Leopard for Rosetta and want to replace an old MacBook Pro

Followed all instructions on site and installed in an hour

What instructions? I assume you followed the sticky guide?

Ran Geekbench and got a score of 1716

Ran Geekbench on my old MacBook Pro @ 2.16GHz and it scores nearly 3000

In theory the HP should be way faster???

You should probably be getting close to 5000 for GB (depends on specifics of your other hardware SSD or HDD, for example).

I thought it may be BIOS so upgraded to F.20 which killed everything

Learned how to boot with no DSDT and repaired it

Always must generate DSDT after BIOS or hardware (memory for example) upgrade.

Put Windows drive back in machine and did Geekbench in Windows(32)

Scored 4764

What is going on?

Only real anomaly is that the RAM is reported as 0GHZ by Geekbench but not by OS

Other benchmark tests are reporting it as way slower than my old (slower) Mac

Any clues please?

Many thanks

Mark

Do you have an SSDT.aml in /Extra?

What instructions? I assume you followed the sticky guide?

You should probably be getting close to 5000 for GB (depends on specifics of your other hardware SSD or HDD, for example).

Always must generate DSDT after BIOS or hardware (memory for example) upgrade.

Do you have an SSDT.aml in /Extra?

I did follow the instructions to the letter and it took about an hour to install

I did everything as instructed in ProBookInstaller61b9

I have Mountain Lion on my main machine so I am going to try installing that and see what happens

Only problem is I cannot create a USB stick because I am getting an unknown error has occured warning with Unibeast 1.7.0 and Mountain Lion (just downloaded from store)

Finally, should the RAM be in any particular slot? I have a single 4GB chip

Not that it makes any difference to my Windows score it just runs slow under snow leopard

Thanks

I did follow the instructions to the letter and it took about an hour to install

I did everything as instructed in ProBookInstaller61b9

I have Mountain Lion on my main machine so I am going to try installing that and see what happens

Only problem is I cannot create a USB stick because I am getting an unknown error has occured warning with Unibeast 1.7.0 and Mountain Lion (just downloaded from store)

Finally, should the RAM be in any particular slot? I have a single 4GB chip

Not that it makes any difference to my Windows score it just runs slow under snow leopard

Thanks

You didn't answer my question about /Extra/ssdt.aml.

As far as RAM stick location, for a single, I would think it would be installed in the bottom one. But to be sure, you should check the service manual for 4530s (you can download it from HP.com).

Sorry, yes I do have SSDT.aml in Extra

I have been wrestling with Unibeast it just refused to go

I had to install this

Apple Software Installer Update 1.0

I am going to clone where I have gotten to at the moment, then reformat and install Mountain Lion and see if the Geekbench is faster

Is it possible to create a drive with two partitions? so I can swap between Mountain Lion and Slow Leopard?

I don't really need to work in SL apart from doing some file transfers and some Rosetta stuff which I won't really notice a speed issue on anyway though it would obviously be better if I could get it to run correctly...

In terms of multiple OS, Chimera is a boot partition right? So I can choose where I am going to boot to - or do I need to read something else and learn something else!

Many thanks

Mark

Sorry, yes I do have SSDT.aml in Extra

I have been wrestling with Unibeast it just refused to go

I had to install this

Apple Software Installer Update 1.0

I am going to clone where I have gotten to at the moment, then reformat and install Mountain Lion and see if the Geekbench is faster

Is it possible to create a drive with two partitions? so I can swap between Mountain Lion and Slow Leopard?

I don't really need to work in SL apart from doing some file transfers and some Rosetta stuff which I won't really notice a speed issue on anyway though it would obviously be better if I could get it to run correctly...

In terms of multiple OS, Chimera is a boot partition right? So I can choose where I am going to boot to - or do I need to read something else and learn something else!

Many thanks

Mark

Yes, you need that Installer update for Unibeast.

I think the issue w/ performance on SL is a problem in the way the SSDT is being generated. I need to do more investigation to discover what is wrong with Pike's script. I haven't tried a fresh install w/ 6.1b10 yet to see if there is an issue on ML/Lion yet...tomorrow.

I assume you have an i3-2350m (by the fact that you have 2300Mhz i3). Give the SSDT I attached a go.

Yes, you can do multiple OS X partitions each w/ different versions of OS X. I have all three going...

Attachments

• ssdt_i3_2350m.aml
    721 bytes · Views: 129

Hi there

I have now installed ML and I am getting a score of 4456 which seems about right for this computer

I left a 20GB partition free so I plan to copy SL back to that drive and I will try the attached file in my Extra folder

If I have two partitions, do I need to put Chimera in both or does that happen at the drive's root?

Thanks

Hi there

You have identified the problem thank you

When I put the SSDT.aml file you sent me into the Extra folder and run GeekBench I get a score of 4630 in SL

You rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back