Sapphire Pulse Rx 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
with the laptop in my sign, after 10.13 upgrade I have problems with Sleep and Wake, it means that after the time I set to stop display in Energy Preferences (e.g. 5 minutes) the display really became black. The problem is that it cannot wake up. And also I feel that the system is in crash. So is not only a display problem.
The problem occurs especially when laptop is powered by electrical plug. In battery work, seems that the problem is not present.
But my battery is really old, so I need electrical power.
While I'm using my laptop I haven't any problem and all it's working flawlessly (USB, Bluetooth, WiFi, MagicMouse, CPU quite in idle a fast when needed, fan...).
Only other minor thing is that a have random little glitch, artifacts on display.
Haven't had this problem in 10.12.6, only in High Sierra (with Supplementary Update installed).

I attached requested file by Mr. Rehabman.
Please help me.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Stalvatero-ProblemReporting.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
Hi all,
with the laptop in my sign, after 10.13 upgrade I have problems with Sleep and Wake, it means that after the time I set to stop display in Energy Preferences (e.g. 5 minutes) the display really became black. The problem is that it cannot wake up. And also I feel that the system is in crash. So is not only a display problem.
The problem occurs especially when laptop is powered by electrical plug. In battery work, seems that the problem is not present.
But my battery is really old, so I need electrical power.
While I'm using my laptop I haven't any problem and all it's working flawlessly (USB, Bluetooth, WiFi, MagicMouse, CPU quite in idle a fast when needed, fan...).
Only other minor thing is that a have random little glitch, artifacts on display.
Haven't had this problem in 10.12.6, only in High Sierra (with Supplementary Update installed).

I attached requested file by Mr. Rehabman.
Please help me.
Thanks.

Try not dropping OEM SSDTs (because if you do that, you will need the PNOT patch, which you didn't apply).
Are you booting UEFI or legacy?

Thank You so much Rehabman.
Try not dropping OEM SSDTs
Done. Tested several hours letting laptop go into sleep state or simply stopping display. The situation is better now, but not completely solved. Now half of times system is working normal, wakeup or light up display normally. But randomly system keeps crashing or display wouldn't light up...

Are you booting UEFI or legacy?
Legacy

I attach new updated file for problem reporting.
Any help?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Stalvatero-ProblemReporting-2.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
Thank You so much Rehabman.

Done. Tested several hours letting laptop go into sleep state or simply stopping display. The situation is better now, but not completely solved. Now half of times system is working normal, wakeup or light up display normally. But randomly system keeps crashing or display wouldn't light up...

Legacy

I attach new updated file for problem reporting.
Any help?

Thank you in advance.

USB not configured correctly. See guides linked from FAQ.
Make sure you're testing sleep without any external devices plugged in.
Make sure you disable hibernation as per CPU PM guide.

USB not configured correctly. See guides linked from FAQ

Thanks to your super guide, I finally created an appropriate SSDT-UIAC. No need to override power injection due my SMBIOS MacBookPro8,2 is contemplated in IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist and I haven't problem while charging my iPad for example.

Make sure you're testing sleep without any external devices plugged in.
Make sure you disable hibernation as per CPU PM guide.
Already done!

Try not dropping OEM SSDTs (because if you do that, you will need the PNOT patch, which you didn't apply)
I think this was important in particular to avoid those strange random glitch. I tried also with IntelGraphicFix.kext and lilu.kext, but it seems that the issue disappear after Not Dropping OEM SSDTs. I read that those two kext are not HD4600+. Do you suggest to uninstall them or could be better to leave them in S/L/E?

Anyway...
Finally, now seems that the problems are gone.
Tested for a lot of times and now my laptop sleep, standby and wake without any problem and glitch.

Thank you very much Rehabman.

I read that those two kext are not HD4600+. Do you suggest to uninstall them or could be better to leave them in S/L/E?

No idea what you're referring to. Your hardware is HD3000.

Your hardware is HD3000
Yes it's right, so for that reason I ask you if I had to remove IntelGraphicFix.kext and lilu.kext or I can leave them installed.

Last edited:
Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back