Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey folks

Can't boot into an already set up sierra

I got past the basic install and everything seemed to go very well. I used the migration assistent to get back my files and settings and the hackintosh rebooted just fine.

But then I made a few changes and now it's stuck on boot ( see screenshot)

What I did before I got stuck:

-Updated Little snitch (demanded restart)
-Cleared Ram with Clean My Mac (probably a mistake)
-Deleted Adobe Flash player by uninstaller from system preferences
-copied my 1Tb drive to a 2TB drive wirh disk utility restore, renaming the 2tb to the name of the 1TB, then renaming the 1Tb

restarted... now it's stuck.

What I tried:

Boot from recovery HD (it's showing two, which is correct)

while setting the cpuid to 0x0506E3

i already made some recommended settings in Multibeast as in The Builds of my asus hero IX etc.
Theres no Gfx card inside at the moment, but i have been using it like that without a problem (my 1080 comes tomorrow)

I have got two Time Machine backups, one earlier, one later on.
When I boot from recovery HDs it got stuck.

Probably trying to i stall Little snitch and then clearing the ram scrambled everything. (how noobish)

Must I reinstall or similar?

Or how do i boot into Disk Utility to delete the harddrive and force my backup onto it?

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Booting the other recovery option in clover I get a lot looking like this which in the end also gets stuck at the same point as previously (see pictures)

Attachments

• IMG_1260.JPG
    IMG_1260.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1261.JPG
    IMG_1261.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
1) 49 Posts and you STILL have not added your build to your profile?

2) Perhaps you missed the part where you also have to copy the EFI partition to the new 2TB HD.

3) With Sierra you don't need to change the CPUid.

Have you tried starting in safe mode?
Or booting with a external USB Stick?

1) 49 Posts and you STILL have not added your build to your profile?

I did already. Before they didnt have my grafix card in their list

2) Perhaps you missed the part where you also have to copy the EFI partition to the new 2TB HD.

For sure i missed that part.
i am still quite a noob. just yesterday i figured out, that one cannot only boot from the stick but put clover onto the drive itself also. The post install fixes in Multibeast didnt seem to work that well.
I installed sierra, did what was in the guides for Multibeast, and dis a bit of clover configurator but since i will recieve my gfx card in two days i didnt continue with any fixes. Some of the multibeast stuff didnt work as it seems as gfx showed 6MB gfx card and it couldn't boot without the clover install stick.

what the hell i still don't know how to inject a kext. it says put the kext file in /something/... or so and when i download the intel gfx fix i get a zip file wirh a long list of files, everything other than a .kext file. i still have a lot to learn i guess.

the 2TB drive i talked about was just a data drive, so no relevance there probably.

i got: 500Gb ssd -> sierra only
250GB ssd -> old imac operating system, data

Have you tried starting in safe mode?

yes, tried different combinations also on the recovery deives, seems the install is fried

Or booting with a external USB Stick?

i only booted wirh the install stick since i am a noob :p

there surely is a lot of reading to be done and when you sre at the level of: " OK. i can copy something using the terminal, but that's it" the first days of reading in this forum are a lot of tech- jibber jabba that i don't get 20% of

thanks a lot for the help

i think i will reinstall. hope my gigabyte 1080 comes tomorrow

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 10.32.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 10.32.49 AM.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 112
I reinstalled and after installing the Nvidia Web drivers after using Migration Assistant I am stuck at the same line again:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Somebody said it might be due to badly installed kext files.
How do I remove some "badly installed kexts" without having to reinstall always.

I reinstalled 3 times already, still the same

Why is this happening anyway?

I am following this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...l-i7-7700k-32gb-ram-evga-gtx-1070-sc2.226011/

and Stork's guide to the point.

I just figured out, that I can boot from the installer Usb Stick, but not from my Clover's EFI

why is that?

Why can't i boot off my harddrive, as it should be?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back