Graphics
Radeon HD6670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was in 10.7 and then I updated to 10.7.1. Everything went fine, except for the fact that the flash player in youtube was looping the frames. I thought that it was due to newer definitions in the driver dpt, so I downloaded Multibeast and updated Chimera to the latest version. After the new reboot, I didn't get the (annoying but I didn't mind) message "unsupported Card" but my monitor didn't have any signal at all.

I restored to 10.7, not applying to 10.7.1. Then I decided to update my BIOS so i downloaded the new multibeast and applied the new DSDT (Z68A-D3H-B3 F10). Again no signal after the booting screen. I should have seen that on coming since DSDT installs Chimera by default.

What do you suggest I should do? I thought of applying the DSDT with Multibeast 3.8 that I know it has no problem with Chimera...

Re: Sapphire Radeon 6670 1Gb

I shall try this one, and hope that GraphicsEnabler=No will do the trick.

nickolasemp said:
I was in 10.7 and then I updated to 10.7.1. Everything went fine, except for the fact that the flash player in youtube was looping the frames. I thought that it was due to newer definitions in the driver dpt, so I downloaded Multibeast and updated Chimera to the latest version. After the new reboot, I didn't get the (annoying but I didn't mind) message "unsupported Card" but my monitor didn't have any signal at all.

I restored to 10.7, not applying to 10.7.1. Then I decided to update my BIOS so i downloaded the new multibeast and applied the new DSDT (Z68A-D3H-B3 F10). Again no signal after the booting screen. I should have seen that on coming since DSDT installs Chimera by default.

What do you suggest I should do? I thought of applying the DSDT with Multibeast 3.8 that I know it has no problem with Chimera...

Imho i would just revert back to 10.7=the way you were nice and stable;
but your last suggestion seems to be worth a shot. :thumbup:

So I updated my (F10) DSDT with Chimera 1.4.1 (in Multibeast 3.8) and everything seems to work fine.

Off to find out why 1.5.4 in MB 4.0.2 is failing and whether I can restore it to good state or not...

Edit: GraphicsEnabler=no seems to do the job for the time being. The lspci is in 32bit mode so I had to add -x32 flag while booting, along with the GraphicsEnabler=no. That took a while to find. I really don;t know how to proceed with GraphicsEnabler=yes...

Well, I just tested the options from the post that I mentioned...

It seems that Aticonfig=Ipomoea or Mangabey or Juncus just enable the graphic portion of this update in Chimera.

My card is Sapphire 1Gb 6670 with those specs:
Vendor:0x1002
DeviceID:0x6758
Subsystem:174b:e194

If you want to just have that passed on to your Chimera wihtout writing it down all the time, just go to /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and add those lines

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>XXXXX</string>

where XXXXX is one of the aforementioned options (Ipomoea, Mangabey or Juncus).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back