Contribute
Register

[Solved] Panic after OpenCore Legacy Patcher post-install update

The system can and has been running Nvidia legacy driver with Sonoma as I described. I moved from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 and this problem began. The problem I'm having is elsewhere and I'm trying to figure out the best way to back out the latest legacy patch.

The system can and has been running Nvidia legacy driver with Sonoma as I described. I moved from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 and this problem began. The problem I'm having is elsewhere and I'm trying to figure out the best way to back out the latest legacy patch.
boot back up with your working USB installer and run the previous patcher that worked

You can try the commands below in recovery to boot.

Code:
mount -uw /Volumes/NameofYourVolume

bless --mount /Volumes/NameofYourVolume --bootefi --last-sealed-snapshot

Once you are able to login, revert root patches, reboot, then apply OCLP version that works for your system.

When kernal panic happens with OCLP patch, I usually boot to recovery and delete the snapshot created by OCLP and tag the original snapshot that was created by installer to boot.

Last edited:
You can try the commands below in recovery to boot.

Code:
mount -uw /Volumes/NameofYourVolume

bless --mount /Volumes/NameofYourVolume --bootefi --last-sealed-snapshot

Once you are able to login, revert root patches, reboot, then apply OCLP version that works for your system.

When kernal panic happens with OCLP patch, I usually boot to recovery and delete the snapshot created by OCLP and tag the original snapshot that was created by installer to boot.
Thanks, Jason. I'll be trying to do exactly this. Struggling to boot into recovery as I had an old MacOS version on my USB. Working to build a new one now.

Back