Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P6T SE
CPU
i7 920
Graphics
gtx770
so I had Sierra set up and working fine all updated to 10.12.3 but I always had to use clover boot options and enable Nvidia web drivers....I tried fixing this...went down a rabbit hole of opening my config.plist in text edit and changing the Nvidia false to true rebooted and was getting weird graphics stuttering etc...tried using efi mounter, clover configurator and plist editor pro whilst not really knowing what I was doing...none of this helped....I tried a fresh install and the graphics still act weird and I get no hdmi sound but now I can't even boot of the main drive, I get x64 exception error in red text, I can boot when I have the usb installed.

desperately need some help and advice please

opening my config.plist in text edit and changing the Nvidia false to true
Editing your config.plist with a text editor can damage the formatting, you should use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro etc instead.
If this is the case and you can boot from the USB installer then do so and copy the config.plist from the USB to your hard drive.

Last edited:
Editing your config.plist with a text editor can damage the formatting, you should use Xcode or PlistEditorPro etc instead.
If this is the case and you can boot from the USB installer then do so and copy the config.plist from the USB to your hard drive.

I don't have/can't find config.plist on the usb

usb contents.jpeg

Mount the EFI partition.

this worked, thank you so much :)

Editing your config.plist with a text editor can damage the formatting, you should use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro etc instead.

Can, as in, if you mess up, it can? I see a lot of guides that have no problem opening plists, or other config files using the standard text edit.

Can, as in, if you mess up, it can? I see a lot of guides that have no problem opening plists, or other config files using the standard text edit.
In my experience it can corrupt the config file seemingly at random. Sometimes a text edit "takes," sometimes it doesn't. So it seems that best practice is to edit with Xcode or a similar plist editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back