CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
All, thanks, long time Mac/PC guy, but very much a Hackintosh noob here. I've been reading this board, and testing things like crazy. This board is listed in the "compatible" buyers guide list, trying a build with it. It did require a BIOS update, and I've managed to get High Sierra installed on this and things are going somewhat ok, except the Ethernet and Sound are not working.

It has the "Killer E2500" LAN controller chip which doesn't appear in the list of drivers in Multi-beast. I've tried all manner of the Atheros, Intel, and Realtek driver options available, to no avail.

Also, the MSI docs say this has the Realtek ALC1220 Codec, but when I select that with Multibeast, build, and re-boot, no sound driver is loaded.

Wondering what my next steps might be...

Thanks much for any/all replies...
G

MSI Z370 Gaming M5
- Realtek ALC1220 Codec
- Killer E2500 LAN Controller
- Onboard Intel UHD 630 graphics (so far, but I want to get my RX480 going if I can)
Intel Core i5 8600k
ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2x8GB) 288-pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000
Samsung 840 SSD 250 Gig
Thermaltake 700w power supply

Last edited:
Interesting thing I just noticed, as I was running another test and installing to a newer M.2 SSD, Unibeast seems to have the Killer E2500 driver in it. When I'm installing from the Unibeast/USB, the first pass at the OS (before I config with Multibeast), that driver shows up in the System Report as active...

Sorry for rambling, LOL!!!, I solved this by NOT selecting a LAN driver in Multibeast, on this new install. I guess it defaults to using whatever was in place from Unibeast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back