RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Mojave 10.14.0 Hackintosh has been\is working fine.

After reading the thread about the 10.14.1 update being available I decided to go ahead and update. However, it doesn't seem to like my system. Software Update says there are no updates available and when I download the stand alone updater I get this:-

Screenshot 2018-10-31 at 20.43.28.png

The drive is APFS formatted.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

After reading the thread about the 10.14.1 update being available I decided to go ahead and update. However, it doesn't seem to like my system. Software Update says there are no updates available and when I download the stand alone updater I get this:-

View attachment 362017

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
i have the same

View attachment 362017

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Another puzzle. Same problem here. I reinstalled Mojave to a scratch disk (using a non-Tonymac method which works), formatted the disk as apfs, and booted into the new install just fine, but it refused to allow the update to install with an apple error code that I don't have here but is well known apparently.

Any wisdom out there? Clearly, not much here...

The only way I could get it to install in the end was to download the full 10.14.1 installer from Apple and create a new USB installer disk, with Unibeast 9.0.0. Booted from that and the install went fine, basically just doing an upgrade. Everything working fine and all my Apps are still present and work.

Not an ideal solution as it takes 3 times as long to do and I wonder if the next update, to 10.14.2, will exhibit the same problem. Time will tell.

The only way I could get it to install in the end was to download the full 10.14.1 installer from Apple and create a new USB installer disk, with Unibeast 9.0.0. Booted from that and the install went fine, basically just doing an upgrade. Everything working fine and all my Apps are still present and work.

Not an ideal solution as it takes 3 times as long to do and I wonder if the next update, to 10.14.2, will exhibit the same problem. Time will tell.
Which filesystem are you running? One note I ran across somewhere implied that unless you ran apfs, the .1 update will refuse to load... but I'm not certain that is true.

More weirdness... I downloaded the full 6gb 10.14.1 file from Apple, then recreated a USB stick with UB 9.0.0 which all appeared to go normally. However, upon booting to the stick, it appears that my box is actually booting to my normal main SSD, although the screen resolution is borked way down, looks like 1280x960. I left all my drives connected on this boot attempt, the main ssd, the secondary ssd which is a clone of main, and a 3rd ssd with Mavericks. I suppose I need to disconnect everything except the victim/target to see how that acts. I was hoping to just overlay the contents of my secondary (clone of main) in order to preserve everything that's there and working now.

I am running APFS. The error message you get is slightly different as well if you don’t have it as APFS.

Not booting from the usb stick just sounds like you aren’t interrupting the normal boot sequence in time and selecting that option from the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back