Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Losing my mind, out of options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have one of these pesky ALC888 chipsets in my board (A Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L) and I cannot seem to get it working. Everything else is going 100%!

I tried everything in multibeast, Bansaku's ktext, a few others I found using google, and it seems nothing will work!

I'm new to the hackintosh scene and os x, so perhaps I am missing something simple (I think I did the "reset permissions" steps correctly, with ktext helper.. ) but i'm pretty well versed in linux and OS tweaking :) please, tell me what I am overlooking!

Thanks a bunch - Ken

Re: Losing my mind, out of options?

kminardo said:
I have one of these pesky ALC888 chipsets in my board (A Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L) and I cannot seem to get it working. Everything else is going 100%!

I tried everything in multibeast, Bansaku's ktext, a few others I found using google, and it seems nothing will work!

I'm new to the hackintosh scene and os x, so perhaps I am missing something simple (I think I did the "reset permissions" steps correctly, with ktext helper.. ) but i'm pretty well versed in linux and OS tweaking :) please, tell me what I am overlooking!

Thanks a bunch - Ken
What hardware revision of the board do you have? Rev 2.3 has the 892 and not the 888 codec.

Whoops, I meant to specify that in the original post, it says Rev 1.0 on the board.

I want to add that it's not detecting any hardware at all. "No output available".

I hate bumping but.. anyone have any ideas??

kminardo said:

In order for audio to work you need to have the proper DSDT, and the proper LegacyHDA for your board- In your case 888, if indeed your board is 1.0. Is this your board? There only seems to be 2.0 and 2.3 listed on the Gigabyte Website.

GA-P55-UD3L
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3330#sp

Delete your current Extra folder.

Make sure you're on 10.6.4- get the DSDT again, then run MultiBeast. Check UserDSDT, and also the Legacy888HDA.kext plus System Utilities. Then reboot.

tonymacx86 said:
kminardo said:

In order for audio to work you need to have the proper DSDT, and the proper LegacyHDA for your board- In your case 888, if indeed your board is 1.0. Is this your board? There only seems to be 2.0 and 2.3 listed on the Gigabyte Website.

GA-P55-UD3L
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3330#sp

Delete your current Extra folder.

Make sure you're on 10.6.4- get the DSDT again, then run MultiBeast. Check UserDSDT, and also the Legacy888HDA.kext plus System Utilities. Then reboot.

:thumbup:

My board is on a different product page for some stupid reason.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... x?pid=3167

I noticed there was a BIOS update on 6/28 for the board, bringing it to F7. I'm currently at F6 which matches the DSDT Database. Should I upgrade to F7 or would that break compatibility?

Audio was 100% while mutlibeast was running!! But then I rebooted and now my 5770 just spins up full speed with no video out :(

Something tells me deleting that extras folder was a baaad idea. Any way to run multibeast from an boot disk.. Or something? :)

EDIT: got it booted, running multi beast as I type. Here's hoping.

Alright, booted using iboot, re-ran the driver installation for the 5770 series, and everything is 100%!

Awesome work tony and macman. You'll have some beer money coming your way from me on friday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back