Contribute
Register

[Solved] Looking for help and guidance on new build (ASUS H170 Pro + Skylake i7 6700 + HD 530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS H170 Pro
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First of all: thanks to all the awesome people in this community who make these awesome tools and source of information! :D

I built a brand new pc and after a couple of hours and tries was able to install Sierra 10.12.3 but I'm now stuck on the drivers setup with MultiBeast.

I read that my motherboard has ACL887 audio chip and Intel i219-V network chip, but the audio doesn't seem to work and I tried both options (ACL887 and ACL887 legacy). I also don't find an option on the network tab that includes the i219-V.

Lastly, MultiBeast defaults to iMac 14,1 but I don't know why nor if I would want to use that one?

Does anyone have any experience with this motherboard or any guidance on what to read/try to make this work?

Thanks in advance :)

I read that my motherboard has ACL887 audio chip and Intel i219-V network chip, but the audio doesn't seem to work and I tried both options (ACL887 and ACL887 legacy).

You need to install ALC887 + 100 Series Audio
MultiBeast > Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b and 100 Series Audio

I also don't find an option on the network tab that includes the i219-V

According to your Motherboards Specifications you have the Realtek RTL8111H Gigabit LAN Controller.
MultiBeast > Drivers > Network > Realtek > Realtek RTL8111 v2.2.1

You-Rock-Graphic.jpg

Thanks for the tips! I managed to make everything work today :)

This guide has a mistake though: https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/march/2017
It says the ASUS H170 Pro has Intel i219-V network instead of the RTL8111H you suggested (also specified on the ASUS website).

For the audio to work I also had to select "Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio".

After audio/network/usb worked I installed the latest nvidia drivers and reconfigured MultiBeast to inject Nvidia. All working like a charm now! :D

Working MultiBeast settings on Sierra 10.12.3 for ASUS H170 Pro + i7 6700 + HD530:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ACLxxx > ACL887/888b
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ACLxxx > 100 Series Audio
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ACLxxx > Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1
Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Drivers > Graphics > Intel HD 530

Since I have an SSD, after booting I also ran "sudo trimforce enable" on the terminal.

I later downloaded the latest nvidia drivers (https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/) and rebuilt all the settings with MultiBeast exactly the same but without "Intel HD 530" and including "Inject NVIDIA".
After MultiBeast finished, I turned off the computer, installed my GTX 570 and all working flawless!

Thanks again :)

Question: is it possible to use an ATI R9 280x?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back