I got a a 9400GT PCIE 1mg + 460 GTX. I wish to boot with 3 monitors :cool:

Anybody with a good tutorial to install and boot with two graphics cards

because right now I just have "Kernel panic" at startup

Salutations!

///////////////////////////////////////////

Re: Help installing tow graphics cards in my hackintosh

OK Hi everyone,

I have try this : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... opic=96758
+ read and try everything that I could fine on this forum.

But steel can't run with two card, the only thing is two card install and no kernel panic and SNOW see my card but it's like i got no monitor ?

Any idea? :) here a picture

Tx

Attachments

• sys.jpg
    sys.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 847
Re: Help installing tow graphics cards in my hackintosh

ER800 said:
OK Hi everyone,

I have try this : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... opic=96758
+ read and try everything that I could fine on this forum.

But steel can't run with two card, the only thing is two card install and no kernel panic and SNOW see my card but it's like i got no monitor ?

Any idea? :) here a picture

Tx

Hi everybody

Finally I succeed installing two card: 460gtx + 9400 GT.

When I got my 460gtx and install it with new nvidia driver I decide to keep my 9400GT.

Boot the system with only two monitors on my 460GTX everything was okay.

When I look in the system info my two card was listed so I put a monitor on my 9400GT but at that point the system boot OK but no screen show up on my 9400 with PEG selected.

Try boot with PEG2 no luck! No boot. ;(

So I decided to try this post aquamac : http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... thread=569

Succeed with my two graphics cards. 3 monitors ;) with PEG2 in my bios.

Test
But since OSX saw my two cards before inserting the strings I decided to copy my HD and install easy beast which have no DSDT and no "string" in my com.apple.Boot.plist and boot from that clone HD and Yes! 3 monitors working with 2 full graphics cards Lol,

My next step now is to insert the information in my DSDT.

Hi all

Ive got a 5770, 3 monitors worked good until i rebooted :S since then i had to boot with 2 and then plug the third one a few minutes after bootup.

Since this was not good, i gave it a try and plugged the graphic card of my htpc (ati 6450 512mb sapphire)

Working OOB since the first minute, graphics enable=no.

Ive got 1x23" and 1x24" to the 5770 and 1x23" to the 6450. all dell monitors.

Anybody had any luck with multiple GPUs in 10.7.3? It seems like device-properties broke.

echrei said:
Anybody had any luck with multiple GPUs in 10.7.3? It seems like device-properties broke.

im on 10.7.3 with a 5770 and a 6450, no need to do anything, graphicsenabler=no working fine.

If I put device-property strings in for either one or both of my GPUs, it says in the log “display not usable” and I get no display output. It worked fine on 10.7.0 with GraphicsEnabler=no and the device-properties string. With 10.7.3 I can only get display output with GraphicsEnabler=yes and only one card turned on. I have to wear ear plugs though since the disabled GTX 480 runs its fan at 100%!

Edit: I actually just found a solution to getting both cards working in 10.7.3. In the plist under device_type, I had to set the first card as NVDA,Parent and the second as NVDA,Child. Both cards now working in OS X!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back