Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] iMessage not working on Hackintosh with 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imessage not working on Hackintosh with 10.8.2

Works fine. I used SuperDuper to do an exact image in case something went wrong. I followed the tutorial by updating the bootloader from the dropbox tab in the chameleon wizard. Added the modules folder to my extra folder on my ML drive and rebooted.
No change to the way the system boots and all my options to not have a menu and go straight to the apple logo are still in place. I have the clover bootloader installed on a pen drive in case something went horribly wrong.
I signed out of iMessage and logged back in and it works. No need for clover anymore, everything is working fine.
I will test it for the next week to make sure it doesnt have any side effects later down the line but it looks fine for now.

The weird thing is with 10.8.2 my iMessage was still working. It wasn't till 10.8.3 that I noticed the dreaded registration error. I first installed the latest Chimera as directed to solve the issue and after a reboot I STILL had the error. I had to ALSO do the Step One fix as explained in the iMessage error thread and a reboot in order to get full functionality back to iMessage. Now this was all needed for my primary Apple ID (I have a couple of them linked to different devices). My other Apple ID (for an iPad used at work) worked fine even before the Chimera update. Thanks to the tonymac staff for all the help!

Same here, Chimera 2.0.1 fixed iMessage!!! THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back