Contribute
Register

[Solved] How can i update iboot to allow i7 2630QM 4/8 core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Laptops
CPU
2.2GHz 2nd Gen, 2.4GHz 3rd Gen, 2.6 3rd Gen ivy bridge 3rd gen
Graphics
nvidia 1GB, intel HD3000, HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[SOLVED]

first you need to show all files, then you need dev tools to make then really visable, drag each .plist from the files, even the dmg when you then need to make again, reassemble, don't forget to make back invisible... make sure not to delete certain key's, only that which is holding you to that profile of macbook pro 3,1 and you must enter your own profile info for what ever macbook you want to with the appropriate information, you can even put a base dsdt.aml file in there as well for only that one machine you are working with... burn it back to cd... done...

hi tony...

i was wondering what i can do to enable 4/8 core compatibility in iboot disc...

looked at the cdboot file and noticed it only has old hardware listed, thus not allowing my i7 2630QM 4core hyperthread 8 core virtual to be functional...

instead i only can get 1 cpu 1 core...

can the disk be updated to include a macbook pro 8,3 profile and allow this unsupported cpu to link onto that profile so 4/8 core will work properly...

by default i get thrown into macbook 3,1 1/1 core

bus speed is 800, doesn't matter if i force busratio and fsb, results are the same...

or can i put my own info into the cdboot file with a macbook pro 8,3 profile and settings for the i7 2630QM 2.00 GHz 4/8 processor so it will load the 8,3 profile with this 2nd gen processor...?

right now i'm using windows to look at it but i think it must be modified in ubuntu or linux... also looks like a compiled file...

please advise...

thanks in advance...

:D

Re: Tony... How can i update cdboot to allow i7 2630QM 4/8 core.

yes it is, i only ask because it takes so much longer to do than the HP-DV6575 icore2duo 2GHz model that i was working on @ 10.6.8 but put aside to continue my Toshiba build...

it is noticeably faster installing on the HP reading 2 cores and higher bus speed than the 2nd gen i7 processor being neutered running 1 core only and low bus speed, super slow...

:wave:

Re: Tony... How can i update cdboot to allow i7 2630QM 4/8 core.

Moved to the correct forum,
Snow Leopard Installation -> 10.6 Laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back