Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Temps in Istat? H60 Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3P
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
None yet
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello I could be overthinking it but after running some encoding via Handbrake I saw some odd temps in the Istat menu. During a 15 min test encode using close to 100%CPU the core's showed about 81c max while the CPU Heatsink was steady at 41c. In fact it seems to always hover around 41c which has me worried a bit. What temp reading should I be paying attention to and is this normal? During the high temps I cant really feel any heat escaping the radiator and if I do it's minimal. Perhaps I will look with the infrared therm for a better inspection. Idle temps are usually about 30c for the core's and 41c for the heatsink. Would love to hear some other users temps etc. Perhaps I should only worry about the CPU Heatsink reading? Thanks

Basic's:
I7 7700k
Gigabyte MoBo
H60 Cooler stock thermal paste
Case, Pump and radiator full speed
No GPU
4.4ghz 1.27vish during encode

Please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details).

See Post #2 of [Solved] Strange behavior with video encoding.

Sorry about that only had that parts in hand to put it together a few days ago. Will update now.

Try to limit HandBrake CPU usage.

I will give that a shot as well as run some other ones ffmpeg, compressor etc just for giggles. Though I still wonder how the core temps can be that hot with not much of an increase in the H60's temps. They do drop right down fast though when I stop the encode.

Try to limit HandBrake CPU usage. See [URL='https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-strange-behavior-with-video-encoding.226858/#post-1554096' said:

That worked thanks for the tip! Kinda bummed I have to throttle back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back