Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
Haswell i5 4440
Graphics
iGFX Intel HD Graphics 4600
Hi all,

Until this weekend I had a fully working Yosemite installation that I decided to try and upgrade. Unfortunately, because putting Yosemite on it back when it was released went so flawlessly for me I didn't even think to try and install High Sierra on a separate disk/partition, and now I've got myself in a bit of a pickle, I cannot find the right clover configuration to allow me to boot from disk - right now I can only get in to the system by booting from the Unibeast USB (in legacy mode only, I couldn't get UEFI Unibeast to work either)

For reference I have use MacIASL to patch the DSDT (I set MacIASL to ACPI version 5.1) for my motherboard which compiled without warnings, and placed the DSDT.aml in to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

I have configured Clover (using Clover Configurator) to drop tables DMAR/MATS, and otherwise the config is very similar to what was written to the Unibeast USB disk. Dropping these tables prevented kernel panics being shown when booting verbosely, but unfortunately it looks like there's something still not quite right with my DSDT, unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough in this area to really know how to proceed from here.

If anybody can give me some advise, or pointers on how to proceed ("an idiots guide to.." level may be required here) I would be very grateful :)

I am also attaching my Clover config.plist in case it's of interest to anybody prepared to try and help.

Attachments

• IMG_20171203_200947.jpg
    IMG_20171203_200947.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 102
  • config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 142
  • config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_20171203_200947.jpg
    IMG_20171203_200947.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 77
Well this is embarrassing ... Having looked again in Clover Configurator, I made a small logical connection that having produced a patched DSDT, I didn't need any of the Clover fixes enabled :oops: I just disabled them all, rebooted, set my bios to UEFI only and booted in verbose mode, and hey presto, a working system again :headbang:

Very sorry to have wasted anybody's time who's currently looking around on google for me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back