Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Help with persistent Install file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 3471
CPU
i3-9100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks in advance. I finally succeeded in updating 10.11.6 directly to 10.12.4. I created a new external drive, later used migration assistant to move the system settings, and last, replaced the internal drive with the updated external drive. Along the way I manually updated Clover, built a bootable flash drive and thrashed around when I had issues with the monitor going black during the installation process.

Now all is working adequately, at the level it was working under 10.11.
Except one annoyance. At clover boot screen, there is a persistent choice that should not remain. Three boot choices: 1) Install Sierra, 2) Sierra, and 3) Recovery. The first one is nonfunctional, and leads to a crash. I cannot find any file on the drive that should be an installer. I deleted the original installers. I have searched for invisible files. The drive only has the one main partition and the recovery partition (I believe).

So - is the mysterious installer really there? Or is there a way to tell Clover to ignore this choice? Or can I at least make the choice #2 the default so it boots that one if left to itself?

Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back