Onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm also having this problem. I have downloaded ML from the App Store. It is in the Applications folder. It is also showing up as an Installer icon at the bottom of my desktop. File size is approx 4.4G. It appears to be a valid and complete Mac OS Installer file.

I have been doing some research on this and have made sure to update my Snow Leopard version to the latest 10.6.8 (combo update). I have checked for software updates and applied them. I have also downloaded and installed the "Installer Update" recommended.... Still, I keep getting this error saying Failure to Install. I have looked at the installer.log using the Console utility and read the output which looks very much like everyone else who is reporting this issue. The log says to download the file again from the App Store. However, I keep reading posts from other people who have downloaded it 2 or 3 times and still get the error.

Question... Is an updated version of UniBeast required? I am using 3.0.1 but maybe the checksum has changed for ML in the app store and this needs to be updated in UniBeast?

There seems to be a lot of people having this issue. Are all of us simply clueless? or is something else going on here?

Btw, not bashing this site at all. I think it's great. Appreciate any help I can get with this.

Help with ML

Update... I downloaded ML again and this time Unibeast worked. Go figure, right?

FYI... I just deleted the installation of ML under Applications that was corrupted (I guess?) and downloaded again from the App Store and everything was better after that. Still had to jump through some hoops (same as everyone else I guess) to get the ML install working so that it would boot from my hard disk. Having said that, I'm up and running now. Oh, I also used the Disk Utility on my USB to partition it again so that might have been part of the issue (doubt it but maybe...)?

Moral to the story... don't give up folks. If you're using the recommended hardware list from this site then all should be well.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back