Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,
I recently installed Sierra onto an older Windows 7 machine. Last Friday I added a Broadcom BCM 94360CD with an adapter. After adding that part, the machine never shuts down completely. I have it setup as a test bench, so I hear the HDD power down, but my fans never stop. Once (and only once) I reached in and unplugged the USB header cable for the PCIe adapter. The system shut down. It hasn't worked again, and even if it did, that wouldn't be a fix. However, the system sleeps perfectly. Very ODD!!! Any help?

Mobo: Asus X58 Sabertooth
CPU: i7-2600
12 GB ram
Nvidia GTX 460 SE (or EE cant remember)
Seagate 500 GB Barracuda
WD Black 1TB
WD Blue 1TB
Logitech USB Universal for Mouse/Keyboard
Broadcom BCM94360CD

Last edited:
Hey,
I recently installed Sierra onto an older build. Last Friday I added a Broadcom BCM 94360CD with an adapter. After adding that part, the machine never shuts down completely. I have it setup as a test bench, so I hear the HDD power down, but my fans never stop. Once (and only once) I reached in and unplugged the USB header cable for the PCIe adapter. The system shut down. It hasn't worked again, and even if it did, that wouldn't be a fix. However, the system sleeps perfectly. Very ODD!!! Any help?

Mobo: Asus X58 Sabertooth
CPU: i7-2600
12 GB ram
Nvidia GTX 460 SE (or EE cant remember)
Seagate 500 GB Barracuda
WD Black 1TB
WD Blue 1TB
Logitech USB Universal for Mouse/Keyboard
Broadcom BCM94360CD

In "System Preferences">"Energy Saver"> uncheck [√ ] "Wake for Network Access " and make it [ ] Wake for Network Access
If this does not work, open config.plist in Clover Configuratot-V after mounting the EFI partition of the Sierra System disk in CC-V and navigating via EFI on desktop to EFI folder>CLOVER>config.plist and open with CC-V.
In CC-V window go to "ACPI" menu and from its RIGHT panel do this: [√]FixShutdown

Save the edited config.plist back in CLOVER

Try shutting down and see if that solves the problem.

In "System Preferences">"Energy Saver"> uncheck [√ ] "Wake for Network Access " and make it [ ] Wake for Network Access

Well, this worked, but after a restart, my wifi was no longer working. *facepalm* I've been fighting this issue all weekend. When I installed the Broadcom, it would not detect the wifi part of the card, only bluetooth. It sees the card as installed, but will not turn on Wifi. So thank you, but now I'm fighting another issue :( Sadday!

UPDATE: Ok. After several reboot cycles, wifi is going in and out, but the shut down went back to normal..
I'm unsure how to perform everything in your second option. But I think I got it working...
I mounted using EFI Mounter v3
I loaded the config.plist from Clover and edited with text edit. Edited False to True for the value you named.
Seems to be working.

Last edited:
Well, this worked, but after a restart, my wifi was no longer working. *facepalm* I've been fighting this issue all weekend. When I installed the Broadcom, it would not detect the wifi part of the card, only bluetooth. It sees the card as installed, but will not turn on Wifi. So thank you, but now I'm fighting another issue :( Sadday!

UPDATE: Ok. After several reboot cycles, wifi is going in and out, but the shut down went back to normal..
I'm unsure how to perform everything in your second option. But I think I got it working...
I mounted using EFI Mounter v3
I loaded the config.plist from Clover and edited with text edit. Edited False to True for the value you named.
Seems to be working.
Great . For the benefit of other readers of this string, I am uploading Images of the same steps but Mounting & Editing through CC-V instead of Text Edit
If you could close this string as [Success] others can access this to learn from you:).
When I installed the Broadcom, it would not detect the wifi part of the card, only bluetooth. It sees the card as installed, but will not turn on Wifi. So thank you, but now I'm fighting another issue
If you post the Bluetooth+WiFi issue as a new posting you might get a lot of help from readers.

Attachments

• 1.CC_V Mounted EFI Partition.png
    1.CC_V Mounted EFI Partition.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.EFI>CLOVER>Config.plist>Open with..>CC-V.png
    2.EFI>CLOVER>Config.plist>Open with..>CC-V.png
    218 KB · Views: 149
  • 3.ConfigPlist>ACPI>FixShutdownCLOVER>Config.plist>Open with..>CC-√.png
    3.ConfigPlist>ACPI>FixShutdownCLOVER>Config.plist>Open with..>CC-√.png
    349.7 KB · Views: 156
If you post the Bluetooth+WiFi issue as a new posting you might get a lot of help from readers.

I will do that. I'm not certain the solve worked, ebcause I'm not certain if what it is doing is proper behavior for a Hackintosh 0.o. With this work-around, should it still take the fans 20-30 extra seconds to turn off? (Somehow this was already marked solved, so that's down!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back