Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]H55M-S2V + GTX 550Ti Issues (Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5 4670K @ 4Ghz
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
**** Issue is resolved. Wont get into details, but, had to do some "hacking" so to speak of the UniBeast USB stick i created. Can give a tut if anyone else needs.****

Ok, so before i get into the issues I'm having, heres the Hardware List ...

H55M-S2V MoBo (F3)
4 GiB of PNY 1333 Ram
1TB Seagate HD (SATA II)
nVida Reference design GTX 550Ti
Corsair TX650 PSU
Antec "300" Case

So, i did the UniBeast instal method using my App Store copy of the Lion Installer.
During install, i have dual DVI screens fully working at native resolution, Full acceleration, the whole bit.

Once i get to my desktop, i launch MultiBeast, install my DSDT from the database, Network, and sound, and everything is wonderful .....

..Until i re-boot ...

Once I'm NOT using the boot loader on my UniBeast install stick .. i lose my second screen, resolution drops to 1024x768. Now, I'm at a total loss, as this exact same vid card, is parked in my iDell atm, and works as it should (albeit requiring 2 monitors to have full QE/CI is a tad annoying, but oh well).

Things i have done to attempt to get this thing to work are ...

Used MB 3.8.0 with EasyBeast instead of a DSDT * worked on my iDell, so figured I'd try it.
Used latest MultiBeast, with both UserDSDT and EasyBeast, still lose GFX on booting from the hard drive.

Tried 3 different versions of Chimera, including the latest as of this post (1.7.0).

Im completely at a loss. The only thing i can think of, is to beg / plead Tony and crew for the EXACT settings used by UniBest, and which version of MultiBeast they are from.

Again, to recap, 2 diff versions of MultiBeast, with both UserDSDT and EasyBeast attempted, 3 different versions of Chimera, and 2 separate GTX 550Ti's, to eliminate the chance of "V1.0 vs V2.0" scenarios.

In total, I've re-isntalled Lion, 12 times in one night now. Any and all help would be vastly appreciated.

~~Grave

**EDIT** also with each of those installs, i mixed in using 32bit boot screens, and 64bit. 64bit is default on UniBeast, and when booting from it, everything works perfectly.

Re: H55M-S2V + GTX 550Ti Issues (Lion)

Gravewyrm said:

H55M-S2V MoBo (F3)
4 GiB of PNY 1333 Ram
1TB Seagate HD (SATA II)
Corsair TX650 PSU
Antec "300" Case

So, i did the UniBeast instal method using my App Store copy of the Lion Installer.
During install, i have dual DVI screens fully working at native resolution, Full acceleration, the whole bit.

Once i get to my desktop, i launch MultiBeast, install my DSDT from the database, Network, and sound, and everything is wonderful .....

..Until i re-boot ...

Once I'm NOT using the boot loader on my UniBeast install stick .. i lose my second screen, resolution drops to 1024x768. Now, I'm at a total loss, as this exact same vid card, is parked in my iDell atm, and works as it should (albeit requiring 2 monitors to have full QE/CI is a tad annoying, but oh well).

Used MB 3.8.0 with EasyBeast instead of a DSDT * worked on my iDell, so figured I'd try it.
Used latest MultiBeast, with both UserDSDT and EasyBeast, still lose GFX on booting from the hard drive.

Tried 3 different versions of Chimera, including the latest as of this post (1.7.0).

Im completely at a loss. The only thing i can think of, is to beg / plead Tony and crew for the EXACT settings used by UniBest, and which version of MultiBeast they are from.

Again, to recap, 2 diff versions of MultiBeast, with both UserDSDT and EasyBeast attempted, 3 different versions of Chimera, and 2 separate GTX 550Ti's, to eliminate the chance of "V1.0 vs V2.0" scenarios.

In total, I've re-isntalled Lion, 12 times in one night now. Any and all help would be vastly appreciated.

~~Grave

**EDIT** also with each of those installs, i mixed in using 32bit boot screens, and 64bit. 64bit is default on UniBeast, and when booting from it, everything works perfectly.

The 3.8 version of MB is for SL. Make it again with 4.2.

Gravewyrm said:
**** Issue is resolved. Wont get into details, but, had to do some "hacking" so to speak of the UniBeast USB stick i created. Can give a tut if anyone else needs.****

H55M-S2V MoBo (F3)
4 GiB of PNY 1333 Ram
1TB Seagate HD (SATA II)
Corsair TX650 PSU
Antec "300" Case

..Until i re-boot ...

~~Grave

Hi, Grave
1.Have you got your HDMI video or audio working at GTX 550 Ti ?
2.Which version of Chimera (1.7.0 ?) or Chameleon are you using for booting ?
3.Which version/build of Lion (10.7.2/11C73 ?) are you using ?
4.In System Profile does it show the correct RAM size as 1024 MB instead of 1536 MB ?
Thanks for your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back