RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've got a very successful install using the CustoMac Pro build. After a slew of questions, problems, and reinstalls, everything works perfectly. Well, almost perfectly. I looked around for my specific problem and couldn't find an answer, so I'm sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't quite know what my problem is called.

While music or sound is playing, everything performs fine. About 20 seconds after any music stops and the audio card isn't outputting, I get a large pop sound. It happens again when I start playing music again. It's super loud and annoying. As long as sound is constantly playing, I have no problems. This happens for the front panel as well as the back.

It seems like a power management thing, but I don't really know. OSX has nothing about audio power management and I didn't see anything in the BIOS.

I also have an external audio card that I use for recording music, and when using that as the device, I have no pops. Unfortunately, this external audio box outputs a very high pitched hum while powered via Firewire.

I'd like to solve both of these things (the pops and the high pitched whine), but the built-in is more of a priority.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Gigabyte X58-UD3R Audio Pops

bump?

EDIT: Also, I have done some more research and think the high pitched whine is related to interference in my power line. Not a Hackintosh problem.

EDIT: Just happened across viewtopic.php?f=16&t=108 and will try what's discussed in the post.

Re: Gigabyte X58-UD3R Audio Pops

SOLVED! Yes, the above thread was the solution. It's all about fixing the plist to read MacPro3,1 and Mac Pro. I did it manually, but I think there's a plist fixer included in MultiBeast for anyone who's experiencing this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back