1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm going to have to give this a go with the newest Unibeast and 10.13.4 now that everything should be fixed, but under Unibeast 8.1.0 and the original 10.13.0 installer, I was *kind of* able to get my system running.

Hardware:

Gigabyte Z370N Wifi
Coffee Lake i5 8600k
Gigabyte GeForce 1060 OC
1 TB SATA SSD

So I install everything via UniBeast, finish the install, and then run Multibeast. Using the following:

multibeast-config-4-12.png

And that's actually bootable and running fine.

Works:

Ethernet
(Basic) video, no acceleration.

Doesn't work:

Bluetooth (I'd like this to work, but I'd be OK with a USB solution)
Wifi (I know wifi won't work because of the card, but I *thought* Bluetooth should)
Sound (There may be some tricks I'm missing, but I can live without it since I have a USB DAC)

The problem is when I get to do the NVidia drivers; there seem to be several possible ways to do it and I'm unclear on the best method. With 10.13.0 at least, everything I did would result in either an immediate reboot or a black screen on boot, but there seem to be a lot of permutations and I'm lost of which one to try to make this behave.

Any help that could be rendered would be appreciated.

I'm going to have to give this a go with the newest Unibeast and 10.13.4 now that everything should be fixed, but under Unibeast 8.1.0 and the original 10.13.0 installer, I was *kind of* able to get my system running.

Hardware:

Gigabyte Z370N Wifi
Coffee Lake i5 8600k
Gigabyte GeForce 1060 OC
1 TB SATA SSD

So I install everything via UniBeast, finish the install, and then run Multibeast. Using the following:

multibeast-config-4-12.png

And that's actually bootable and running fine.

Works:

Ethernet
(Basic) video, no acceleration.

Doesn't work:

Bluetooth (I'd like this to work, but I'd be OK with a USB solution)
Wifi (I know wifi won't work because of the card, but I *thought* Bluetooth should)
Sound (There may be some tricks I'm missing, but I can live without it since I have a USB DAC)

The problem is when I get to do the NVidia drivers; there seem to be several possible ways to do it and I'm unclear on the best method. With 10.13.0 at least, everything I did would result in either an immediate reboot or a black screen on boot, but there seem to be a lot of permutations and I'm lost of which one to try to make this behave.

Any help that could be rendered would be appreciated.

You need Nvidia Web Drivers along with the boot flag that Multibeast enables.

For sound, follow the Audio guide from my thread here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-z370-gaming-5-4k-rx-580-10-13-4.250028/

Bluetooth works out of the box for me on my board, I don't know if yours is different.

I also suggest you to make a SSDT for fixing your USB ports.

Edit: The Port limit patch from multibeast doesn't work anymore on 10.13.4. See my thread under "Make your own SSDT for USB" to find the correct patch

james, thanks for the pointers.

The nvidia issue turned out not to be software at all; apparently even though the GTX 1060 supports 4k@60 hz out of the box on HDMI, Apple does not. You have to use the DisplayPort to get that kind of resolution, otherwise you get a black screen on boot which threw me off given the other conditions that cause this.

I was able to get audio working. Bluetooth I think is different; it's always been detected but MAC address shows all 00s and honestly not sure how compatible it was. USB was actually easier on this board, I ended up getting all 8 ports working by just disabling a couple at boot, so I have 2 at the front of the case and 6 in the back. Ended up using this boot flag:

uia_exclude=HS03;HS10;

HS10 is the onboard bluetooth, needed to disable it so I could use a IOGear USB dongle. Not sure what HS03 is, but I was still missing a port in the back until I disabled that. They all seem to work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back