i7 3770K
Graphics
HD4000 - Apple Thunderbolt
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I own a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH mobo with I3770K processor and Apple 27" Thunderbolt monitor (which connects only to Thunderbolt ports). I build a hackintosh using Stork's Thunderball build: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-z77x-up5-th-gtx-650-ti-mountain-lion-38.html

I need to get the Intel HD4000 working to get graphic power for 3D gaming (like Team Fortress) but I can't get it working OK:
+ the first boot after a fresh Multibeast install with the monitor in MDP1 works fine, recognizing HD4000
+ However if I restart the system (with the Thunderbolt monitor in MDP1) I get a KP, next restarts always give a KP.

However if I change the monitor to MDP2 and restart the system boots fine the first time, recognizing HD4000.
At the next restart the system starts to boot, the monitor shows the Apple logo and then goes black, but I can login without visual.
if I now change the Thunderbolt monitor to MDP1 the monitor awakes and the system recognizes HD4000.
Restarting with monitor in MDP1 Always gives KP.

I tried a fresh install with the Thunderbolt monitor in MDP2, but with exactly the same results.

So something goes really wrong with the MDP ports.......

Help is much appreciated.
I am on Bios F11, I posted a Gigabyte ticket but they mailed me they do not support Mac systems.

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with I3770K and Thunderbolt monitor problem

I own a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH mobo with I3770K processor and Apple 27" Thunderbolt monitor (which connects only to Thunderbolt ports). I build a hackintosh using Stork's Thunderball build: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-z77x-up5-th-gtx-650-ti-mountain-lion-38.html

I need to get the Intel HD4000 working to get graphic power for 3D gaming (like Team Fortress) but I can't get it working OK:
+ the first boot after a fresh Multibeast install with the monitor in MDP1 works fine, recognizing HD4000
+ However if I restart the system (with the Thunderbolt monitor in MDP1) I get a KP, next restarts always give a KP.

However if I change the monitor to MDP2 and restart the system boots fine the first time, recognizing HD4000.
At the next restart the system starts to boot, the monitor shows the Apple logo and then goes black, but I can login without visual.
if I now change the Thunderbolt monitor to MDP1 the monitor awakes and the system recognizes HD4000.

I tried a fresh install with the Thunderbolt monitor in MDP2, but with exactly the same results.

I am on Bios F11, I posted a Gigabyte ticket but they mailed me they do not support Mac systems.

Additional info:
After booting Mac OS X with monitor in MDP2 switching monitor to MDP1 is not needed: just unplug and replug suffices to get visual

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt monitor issue

I own a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH mobo with I3770K processor and Apple 27" Thunderbolt monitor (which connects only to Thunderbolt ports). I build a hackintosh using Stork's Thunderball build: [Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Additional info:
After booting Mac OS X with monitor in MDP2 switching monitor to MDP1 is not needed: just unplug and replug suffices to get visual

However: unplugging and replugging the thunderbolt monitor has a huge drawback: visual is OK but webcam and audio are lost!!!

I own a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH mobo with I3770K processor and Apple 27" Thunderbolt monitor (which connects only to Thunderbolt ports). I build a hackintosh using Stork's Thunderball build: [Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Unplugging and replugging to MDP2 has the same the same result.
However: unplugging and replugging the thunderbolt monitor has a huge drawback: visual is OK but webcam and audio are lost!!!

Unplugging and replugging to MDP2 has the same the same result.

Issue solved thanks to emrax: post #179 of this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...7-3770k-32gb-480gb-ssd-2tb-hdd-gtx-670-a.html

I entered the Graphics Mode to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the systeem boots OK
Looks like the change of graphic mode from Chameleon to OS X at boot caued the issue...

Issue solved thanks to emrax: post #179 of this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...7-3770k-32gb-480gb-ssd-2tb-hdd-gtx-670-a.html

I entered the Graphics Mode to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the systeem boots OK
Looks like the change of graphic mode from Chameleon to OS X at boot caued the issue...

Please do not multi-post the same issue per forum rules. I merged this topic with your other topic of the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back