Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

I'm currently using:
Intel i5 750
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R-F7
Zotac GTS250-512D3F1-VB(ZT-20111-10C, one DVI, one VGA and one HDMI)
24' Philips LCD(one DVI, one D-sub, best resolution 1920*1080)
and by following Tony's guide using iBoot and multibeast w/o applying any DSDT file in /Extra, I installed SL 10.6.2 with SATA, USB, Sound and Ethernet working fine. The problem left is that the graphic card does seems work well, I can only use 1024x768x32 resolution and the qe/ci can not be enabled. I've tried several solutions that have been widely used:
1. Following the instruction here, I installed NVEnabler 64.kext and replace kexts with ones from 10.6.1. Black screen before GUI appears.
2. Add EFI string GraphicsEnabler=Yes to com.apple.Boot.plist. Nothing changes.
3. Add EFI string from 9800GTX to com.app.Boot.plist. Nothing changes.
4. Apply the newest DSDT for my motherboard from here. Black screen before GUI appears.

Can anyone suggest what further steps I should try to get my graphics work on my SL 10.6.2. Thanks in advance.

Re: GA-p55a-ud3r + GTS250, low resolution and w/o QE/CI

Here's what I suggest. Make sure you're on Chameleon RC4 AsereBLN, from MultiBeast.

The card is fully supported by GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Stick this in your com.apple.boot.plist. There can be other things in there too- like -v or arch=i386, but these are the most important for your situation.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1</string>

Then remove NVenabler and any other stuff you might have used to try to enable graphics. Rebuild Caches with MultiBeast or Kext Utility, and reboot. Joy?

Re: GA-p55a-ud3r + GTS250, low resolution and w/o QE/CI

hi there,

thanks for your advices here. Finally I got it work with resolution 1920x1080 and QE/CI enabled, and it rocks. :mrgreen:
Here are the steps I take roughly:
1. Load optimized settings in bios.
2. Set DEPT to 64bit, set SATA mode to AHCI.
3. Use iboot to install the Snow Leopard.
4. Boot from iBoot CD and install 10.6.2 combo update, do not reboot, install multibeast, reboot.Reference Link for step 1-4
5. Install Ethernet and Audio(ALC889) kexts from multibeast.
6. Use DSDTSE to extract the dsdt for the motherboard, apply fixes(DTGP, ACPI), reboot. My DSDT is a bit different from what I download from your site after I made a diff on them(USB vs UHCI fields). Reference Link
7. Extract the graphic card rom using Everest in Windows.Reference Link
8. Use NVCAP Maker to extract the NVCAP string from the extracted rom. My NVCAP is different from any one I can search from google. I guess it could be caused by the non-public PCB design.Reference Link
9. Modify the DSDT to apply the graphic card fix, remove any enabler like NVEnabler 64.kext or GraphicsEnabler=Yes and other EFI strings, reboot.http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... phics.html
10. IT ROCKS! Entering GUI with the highest resolution with QE/CI enabled.

Tony, I want to thank you for your attitude of sharing and I attached the dsdt file that I made, hope it helps.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    19.2 KB · Views: 162
@Rse43 ==> THANKS for your post!! Nothing worked until I modded my DSDT with NVCAP Maker with an Everest extracted ROM. Resolution now with a Zotac 9400GT at 1920x1080 with QE/CI enabled.

@Tony ==> Man, I went thru some sh!t with my P55M-UD4 due to it not liking Mushkin RAM for some odd reason, was getting lockups in both my Win7 & OS X installs (dual-boot). Replaced with G.Skill and so far so good. Used MutliBeast 2.0 with recommended settings in the forums and then had to figure out how to get the Zotac vid card to display properly (was beginning to consider getting another card....). Will be making a donation....hope others will do the same. Thanks so much dude....as mentioned before....U DA MAN!

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy :D

With this solution do you get output with hdmi and dvi?

I also have zotac gts 250 on a GA p55 ud3, could u say me what text of your dsdt file y should put on my dsdt?

P.D: Srry, for my english, I'm spanish ^_^u

@rse43 - Thank you for your comprehensive post!!!

Been struggling for weeks to get my graphics card working via DVI (only worked on HDMI - and my monitor doesn't have HDMI port). Every time I booted I would get blank/black screen. NVCAP string in the DSDT worked a treat.

So happy with my Mac now. Cant thank you enough!

My system:
GA-P55-UD4P motherboard
Zotac Nvidia Geforce 450 GTS Graphics card (2xDVI, 1xHDMI, 1xDisplay Port) Working perfectly through DVI!
4GB 1333 DDR3 ram
Running OSX 10.6.5 at 64bit

Loving it! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back